Thread: leopard: epson printer utility

leopard: epson printer utility

I have bought a new computer which has snow leopard installed in that. I was moving all the things from my old Mac to the new one that I bought. During transferring, I noticed that the Epsom status monitor/printer utility was not there. I searched for this on internet and found that there are many uses that are facing the similar problem with that. There were also some suggestion that were helpful for some users but not for me. I am able to print with my old Epsom C61 but if I wish to check the ink level then I am not able to do that. Is there anyone who has the same problem and know the solution for this. If yes then please post the suggestion over here so that it will be helpful to me and other users who are searching for the similar solution.

Re: leopard: epson printer utility

It is nothing but the utility that is called the Epson Print Utility3.app. This utility works under the Snow Leopard. It is the part of the new driver install that is available for your printer. You can try to download the common updater for the Epson Stylus C60 and install that to your computer and see whether it solves the issue or not. I hope this will let the issue out. Thanks.

This problem may be because of the printer driver that you have installed on your computer. The driver that you are using may be corrupted or it is not functioning properly and that is why you are facing the problems like that. I would like to recommend you to download and install the latest driver for your printer and see whether that solves the problem for you or not. I am happy to let you know that the there is a brand new set of Epson printer and scanner drivers on the Apple website which is made just for the Snow Leopard. Just download this and install this, I am quite sure that this will solve the problem for you.

Friends, I am also having some problem with my printer. I am using the Epson PhotoStylus 1290 printer and that was working fine. I decided to upgrade to the Snow Leopard and I did the same but after doing that I found that the Printer was not working anymore and I was not able to print any document with that. I don’t think that there is a problem with the EPSON Printer Utility because I am able to see the inks, clean the nozzles etc. Do you have any solution for this? Please post it.

I think the printer Epson PhotoStylus 1290 that you are using is old printer. There is possibility that it is not supported by the SL and that is why you are facing the problem like that. According to me you should upgrade your printer with some new models. I have some suggestion for you that you can go for the upgrade to R2400 or R2880. Once you upgraded your printer then you will not have such problems again.

There may be the problem with the software that you are using for the printer. It may be corrupted. You should uninstall it and install it again and see whether that solves the issue or not? If that solves the problem then it is fine and if that is not able to solve it then I thing the setup if the software itself is corrupted. You should go to the Epson support site and download the software from there. Install it and this may resolve the issue in your case. Good Luck!!!