Thread: ESATA Drivers for Blacx docking station

ESATA Drivers for Blacx docking station

I have recently updated the Operating system of my system. I was using the Windows XP and now I have made my move towards the latest Windows Operating System, Windows 7 and that too the 64 bit version. When I was doing the same I also added the esata port in that system. I did it using the sata port that was present on the MotherBoard itself. Now the thing is that I have added it in the system but I can not see that thing in the Device Manager. It just cannot be located there. I have tried hard but nothing seems to go in my way. I have the Blacx Dock Station for me and I am sure because of this I am sure that I am unable to see the Blacx Dock Station working. On top of that I want to tell you all that I have not seen any trouble with the USB. Well I am really blank on the topic and any help in the matter will be really appreciated. Please help me out guys; I really need your support in the same matter. I really want to have the Blacx Dock Station on work. Please help.

Re: Blacx docking station esata drivers

Well I am of the opinion that you are really missing on the drivers and hence you are getting this trouble on your system. I just want to say that if you have tried the things that you have mentioned than in that particular place I think the drivers really can play the vital role. You should have understood it on the very first time. I would simply suggest you to have the drivers for the same and then see if that can be made work on the system of yours. Well you can have the drivers from the official site and if at you are finding it difficult to find the drivers then let me know I will give the link for the same. Hope that you will be able to get the things in a much simple manner.

Well I am also in complete agreement with what Tamohar has just mentioned. The thing is that if you have installed something new and you want that to work for you then you are required to have the drivers so that the thing can work seamlessly. In your case as mentioned that the drivers are required I would assist you in saying that you will be required to have the ACHI drivers. Before installing the drivesr please see that the SATA AHCI Mode is enabled. Also one more thing that you will be required to see is that you will have to do all the above said things at the time of installation of the Windows 7 on the system. Unless you do that I do not thing that you will be able to see Blacx Dock Station working. Also for the assistance I would like you to read the manual of the mother board and if you do not have one then you can download the same. I want you to do that so that you can read about enacting ACHI Mode. Once you are done with this then you can reinstall the Windows 7 on the system.

I would suggest you to facilitate the AHCI driver in the registry before you make any changes for the SATA mode of the boot drive. In order to do that I would suggest you to do the following things, just see the steps below and I am sure that the steps will really help you:
    • On the very first step exit all Windows-based programs.
    • In the search box type regedit and after that hit the Enter key.
    • Click on the Continue if User Account Control dialog box appears.
    • Search for the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci
    • After that right-click Start in the Name column, and after that click Modify.
    • Type 0 in the Value data box
    • Then click OK.
    • Now click Exit so that the Registry Editor can be closed.
    • Then Restart the system
    • Go in the BIOS and enable the AHCI
    • When you will be in the Windows then again you will be able to see the installation of the drivers for AHCI
    • Another restart will be required.

I do not think that you will have to go for the third party drivers for the esata. I am of the opinion that the MotherBoard drivers will do the trick. Well the only thing that you will have to do is you will have to go againg for the installation of the Windows 7 and after that you will have to install the drivers so that the Blacx Dock Station can work with the esata port. I would really suggest you to do the reinstallation of the Windows 7 and see if that thing is working with the installation of the drivers of the mother board. Please try and do that and then let us know about the same as soon as possible.

I also have the same Blacx Dock Station and the thing is that I can even not get it work with the system that I am shaving. I have also plugged it to my eSata port. The problem is that I cannot get it recognizing the hard disk inspite of changing the registry. Well I will give a one more try as I have seen that the things that you all have mentioned are somewhat different from what I have tried and if that worked I will be really glad. To play safe I just want to ask if you have something in addition for me so that I can have a solution ready for me.

Again cheers for me. This time too I was able to get the things in the manner that I was expecting. I was really happy with the suggestions that you all have given. The post from Felix46 really did the trick and now I am with the solution to my problem. Well at the start I was really having the problem but after that I really got the hold of the situation because of the step by step explanation. Really guys you all did a good job and really need the appreciation.