Thread: Can not show the epson printer utility

Can not show the epson printer utility

Hi all,

I am using G5 which is running MAC OSX 10.4.7. Yesterday, I was trying to access the epson print utility for a 2200 and a 1160 but I was not able to see the epson printer utility on my Mac. I don’t know that why it is not there. I have tried some solutions from my side but that was not helpful to me. I have not seen this issue before so I don’t have any idea about this. Can you tell me that what is the problem and how can I solve this? Please reply as early as possible. I am waiting for your replies. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Can not show the epson printer utility

You should check that there is a direct USB connection from the printer to your computer. Check that the connection is proper and it should not be lose. You should also check that if there if ant solid red light on the printer, if that is the case then this means that the printer is offline. If we talk about the Epson printer utility the n I would like to tell you that this is nothing but the part of the Epson printer software. This may be corrupted and therefore it is missing from your computer. To fix this you have to remove that and download the printer driver form internet. This will be the best option for you.

To fix this issue you have to download the printer and install it on OS X. This will be the best option for you and this will definitely solve the problem that you are facing. Just follow the steps below to download that.
    1. First of all, click here and this will let you to Epson website from where you will be able to download the driver.
    2. On that redirected page, you have to select Ink Jets and after then the model of the printer that you are using. You will find this under PRINTERS.
    3. After that you have to select Macintosh which is under Drivers & Downloads section.
    4. Once you are done with that then you have to download the latest version of the Printer Driver.

Friends, I am also experiencing somewhat similar problem with my Epson 2200. I am having Mac pro which is running under operating system 10.5 and that is printing via CS3. I don’t know why but I am not able to find the Epson Printer Utility on my system. Usually I was able to find it in Finder, Applications, Utilities but now that is not there. I have also tried by using the Spotlight but that also can not found it. I have already downloaded and installed the latest driver for my printer but that was not able to resolve that. Please guys help us if you have any idea about this other then the Driver update. Thanks.

OK, I understood your problem and I know that how can you solve that. From the System preferences, just select the "Print & Fax" preferences pane and you will be able to right to use the Epson Utility from there. From the left column you have to double click on the printer and this will open a new window and you will see a utility on the toolbar. Click on that and this will launch the Epson Utility.

If you found that this is not working for you then you can go to this path: /Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter/Utilities and you will see Epson Utility over there. After that you have to create an alias and haul it to your Utilities or Applications folder.