Thread: System not booting with Samsung HDD when it is connected

System not booting with Samsung HDD when it is connected

I bought 500GB hard drive of Samsung but now a days it not working properly. I have motherboard of ASUS P7P5D-E Deluxe, processor of AMD ATHLON @2.9GHz, graphic card of GTx 480 that all process under Microsoft Window XP. Myself I made a partition by using PARTITION MAGIC software. After completing this task I restart the computer but it not boot the system and it even show the boot process but the fan is spinning properly. I have use Paragon Hard drive dick manager software to solve this problem but in the middle of this it show some error that said “Disk Failed”. After trying this I plug the 12 pin HDD it work fine and boot properly. I don’t know what the hell is happening with my system and hard drive. If anybody is out there who help me out from this mess will make me happy. So just share some information if you have about this kind of situation.

Re: System not booting with Samsung HDD when it is connected

To solve this just open your case and make sure that the hard drive cable is seated on both side means on the motherboard as well as in the hard drive. This cable cannot affect by the virus and the hard drive failed message show because it did not get any response back from the motherboard at which your system boot properly. So just remove your cable and plug properly into the slot and try to boot your system. This is the only solution I can give you and you might get your problem solution.

This problem may arise if your hard drive didn’t get the proper power from power supply. It may happen if your power supply HDD connector is damaged or has a loose connection. So remove your power supply and try with the new power supply, this might help you. The second thing that ensure that the motherboard is correctly install properly. After trying this solution you may face your problem and also get solution on your own without any extra hardware.

If your motherboard IDE slot has sort on it then May you get this problem. To resolve this you just go to any computer hardware shop and check your motherboard and repair it if has any problem. This kind of situation occurs if any of the jumper if you have removed and places at other side. So read the manual of hard drive and fix the jumper at proper side. It is not so sure that you will solve your problem but as the last chance you try this solution.

You can fix this problem by simple way. Is you have changed your hard drive jumper then just replace this jumper to its original place means at the MASTER SLAVE. This is possible if second drive has an active partition, as I have a knowledge two active partitions cause this error. your second drive may be set at the master slave and on other side same IDE controller is set same like another, due to this system BIOS set confuse what to do. For this reason your system is not booting when you have connected hard drive. So this is the only option that you have just try this and you might get your rreslut means solution.

System want a proper power to complete this task means it require power at which it can boot properly. If your powers supply not passing this power to all the hardware it won’t work nicely. You check your system with new power supply if it works out there then just replace your power supply will help you. Try this you solve your problem on your own.