Thread: Low Score For SSD In Windows Experience Index

Low Score For SSD In Windows Experience Index

I have been using the computer from long back and never had a bad score for my Windows Experience Index. Whenever I had this test on my computer I use to get good scores but until recently I had to face a setback. When I tried the measure of the current system by using the Windows Experience Index, it showed me a low score for my SSD drives. As SSD is a data storage device that uses solid-state memory to store persistent data that is of sheer importance, so I am little worried. And also my score for the SSD in the Windows Experience Index was only 5.9. Please tell me what could be the problem with it.

Re: Low Score For SSD In Windows Experience Index

First of all i would like to tell you that don't believe what the Windows Experience Index is telling you because it just the Baseline and not the original data that your computer is containing. It can be considered as the Reflection of the real world performance of your system. Because the similar message was displayed for my Raid card but still their is no such degradation in the performance of my raid card. So don't worry if your SSD drive is perfectly working properly.

Also keep in mind that the only real advantage of SSD is that, it is always seen thus far that the ability to open programs which can be done quicker.And other than that, I haven't seen any issues that will cause you a problem further. And also I have seen that people are rushing out to buy SSD's which are giving the magical 7.x score in WEI, and it is without really considering whether the shelling of the cost is worth the performance.

The other option is that see whether which type of SSD's is their in your system, and also see what kind of the BIOS it is using. And also see what kind of configuration is their for the BIOS. And if you see the total score for the Windows 7 is 7.9 so when you see the score of 5.9 I think so it is not all bad for your system or the SSD drive that you are talking about. And also WEI gives a final score of whichever is the slowest item, and also check out the actual value your SSD scored.

Try checking out the details of the scores of the SSD that your friends may have got. And also cross check all the details of the SSD drives and as far my knowledge is concerned 5.9 is the good score and many of them get the score of 6.7. But their are many sites that show that 5.9 is the average score that can be given to the SSD drives.

You can check out various Windows Experience Index sites where you can get the specification of the scores that should be their for your system. Also try updating the SSD drive that may help you to increase the score. Also the type of the SSD drive also depends and the time that it has been used is also the matter of concern when you are considering the Windows Experience Index. If the SSD drive is too old then to the Windows Experience Index will show you the score that is low. But the issue is not with the SSD drive its only that the score is less because you are using the older version of SSD drive.