Thread: Drivers for Canon pixma ip3500 printer for Linux

Drivers for Canon pixma ip3500 printer for Linux

I am having Canon pixma ip3500 printer which I was using with my Windows operating system but recently I have changed my operating system to Linux. After moving to Linux operating system I am not able to use my printer with it as I don’t have the drivers for it, so if anyone have details about which driver to use for it to work with Linux and from where can I get the driver for it. So please provide me with the details about it.

Re: Drivers for Canon pixma ip3500 printer for Linux

You can have the driver for Canon pixma ip3500 printer from the official Linux website as they will provide you with the most compatible drivers for your printer. The drivers you can install on your Linux system after which you need to just do the connectivity with your system after which you will be able to perform all the functionality offered by your Canon pixma ip3500 printer with your Linux machine.

Other than going to the official website of Linux for having the drivers, you can visit to the manufacturer website. there you have to provide them with the printer model which you are using and for which you want to have the drivers under Linux. They will provide you with the drivers which will be compatible with your Linux system but it might happen that you may get the driver using which you will not be able to perform all the functionality performed by your printer. so you need to see the compatibility of drivers.

I think you can use driver of canon mp520 for canon ip3500, so if you are not able to get the driver for your Canon pixma ip3500 printer you can use the driver of canon mp 520 as mentioned. But there will be some features which you will not able to use because of lack of compatibility, So I think you need to get driver from the official canon website and see if they provide drivers for particular printer under Linux and you can use turboprint that works great for lots of printers which will be the last thing you can do to use the printer under Linux.
    Last edited by Killen; 09-11-2010 at 09:58 PM.