Thread: NEC SuperScript 860 driver for Windows 7

NEC SuperScript 860 driver for Windows 7

I have a NEC SuperScript 860 laser printer and it is been connected to my desktop which uses Windows 7. I do not know what could have been the issue. The device is not able to work or function well when been tried to take a print or assign the task. I do not know what is the problem with the thing. Please help me out so that I can make it work and process as needed. Hope to get the solution.

Re: NEC SuperScript 860 driver for Windows 7

Drivers for this device to work under Windows 7 is not available as they have stopped making printers. You may make the installation of the same under Windows Vista. I hope it supports the operating system. Windows 7 is not supported. So if you want to make the device to work you have to install Windows Vista and then try to synchronize the device with it. Am sure you may then be able to work well with the device as needed. Hope this helps. Check out.

There is another way through which you can make the things or the device to work well. All you need to do is to right click on the installer.exe and then install the application well under compatible mode for Windows Xp. This can be done well that is checking out under properties tab. now make the installation as assisted and then perform a restart to the system. I am sure you may then be able to work well which is essential. If this do not work for you then you have to check out well by getting the new application that is the driver. Hope it helps.

If you are not having the essential driver then you can make it work that is by getting the driver from here. Click on the link and get the download. Now you may not get Windows 7 support as it is not available. So get the supported Windows Xp support driver and then perform the steps that is mentioned in the above post. As this is been done you may then be able to work well with the thing and make it work. So look for the implementation and check whether you are able to work with the printer then.

Try to make the system to boot in safe mode. Safe mode do not have much of the advanced feature and hence you can work well with it. Now for his you have to get the driver downloaded to the system and then run boot the system in safe mode. All you have to do is to Click the Start button Picture of Start button, click the arrow next to the Shut Down button Picture of Shut Down button, and then click Restart. If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option you want, and then press Enter. Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights. When your computer is in safe mode, you'll see the words Safe Mode in the corners of your monitor. Install the driver under this mode and then restart the system that is run it under normal mode. I am sure this will help you out.

Have yo tried installing the driver under clean boot mode. As this is been done you can work well without any problem. for making the system to boot under this all you need to do is to type msconfig in the search box by clicking on the start menu. Now hit enter. After that you have to check in the general tab under the selective startup. You may get Hide All Microsoft services. Disable the services which is been active. Now restart the system after doing the task. Now try to install the application under the mode. This will be better and you can thus work with the printer then. Get the driver to be downloaded from the official link that is mentioned in post 4.

The better way is try to look out by installing the application under Windows Xp. If above steps do not help and if your system is highly configured and capable enough to handle bulk loads then I would suggest to make a dual boot. install Windows Xp. Install the driver for you printer under the same and when you need to take the print or use the device boot the system in Windows Xp mode. This will be helpful for you and you can function without any problem. Look out.