Thread: Error while printing offline

Error while printing offline

Hello friends, I have two computers at my home one which I use and the other is used by my dad for only his office use, both of the computer are having windows 7 on it. My HP Photosmart C6150 printer is linked up to both the computers via wireless connection to the Linksys router. The problem is that after adding the printer to either of our Windows 7 computers, we can only print for about 24 hours before the printer goes offline and will not print any documents in queue. How do I make it so the printer stays connected to the computer for more than a day or so?Can any one help me to sort this problem.

Re: Error while printing offline

Hey first of all is both the computers having the same configuration or they are a bit different. Since you are using windows 7 have you got all the drivers in both of your system that are required by the HP printer. Also, make sure that the drivers that you are trying to downland for the HP printer are compatible with windows 7. Sine different platform might have different support in the case of drivers. Also, since you are using the wireless connection for printing, there could also be some problem with your wireless notwork, so just reset and see whether or not it works for you. Also it is advisable to use Vistas drivers as it is very good and can fit to any kind of the platform which you want.

The computer which I am using is having the following attributes.
    • HP Pavilion case
    • AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ 2.66 GHz
    • Stock CPU cooling
    • Asus M2N68LA motherboard
    • 2x1 GB DDR2 667 Dual Channel RAM (not sure of what brand)
    • Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 500GB hard drive
    • Lite-On Lightscribe DVD burner
    • Lite-On DVD-ROM drive
    • KFA2 GeForce 9600GT OC
    • Thermaltake Purepower 500w PSU

And the one which my Dad is using have the following features.
    • Cooler Master Storm Sniper case
    • Intel Core i7 920 2.66 GHz (Often running at 4.2 GHz)
    • Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V CPU cooler with OCZ Freeze thermal grease
    • Corsair Dominator 3x1 GB DDR3 1600 Triple Channel RAM
    • Western Digital Caviar Black 7200RPM 1TB Hard Drive
    • 2x Sony Optiarc Lightscribe DVD Burner
    • EVGA X58 3X SLI motherboard
    • EVGA Geforce GTX 285 1024 MB
    • Corsair HX1000W PSU
    • Super Talent INTAIN1MCR Media Card Reader

But as far as to my knowledge the configuration doesn't matter in this case, the printer should work in any of the configuration. It is just that the printer is going offline after using a day, so is there any precise solution for this.

Hey i am also facing the same problem with my HP Officejet 6310 which I have connected by Ethernet cables to my computer system through a Belkin router. The irritating part was that I have to reinstall it again again whenever I started my system or whenever I do rebooting. I even tried installing HP drivers for Vista in the windows 7 such that the problem would get solved but unfortunately it didn't happened and the printer was going offline after one day of use. I have even upgraded to Vista pro thinking that this time I would be able to solve the problem but again I was unsuccessful, so please some one provide me with an accurate solution.

Hey I was also facing the same problem and after going through so many websites I finally got a solution. I think that the only solution for this kind of issue is that, to restart the printer on each re-boot. Since your printer is going offline after every 24 hours, you can restart the printer such that it is again becomes active. Also you must select bidirectional on printer properties and print a test page, then deselect bidirectional after doing this it is sure that your printer will always remain in active mode. I am following this approach from many days, you can also try this

Here is a solution to fix the problem of printers going offline.
    • Go to Control Panel, select Printers and delete offline printers. If they wont
    • delete, it may be because there are pending print jobs in the queue, so what you can do is open the printer and Cancel the jobs.
    • In Printer properties, select Ports tab, delete the previously installed printers that appear as Client Side Rendering Provider under the Description column.
    • If it is not getting deleted than highlight the port, then click on Delete Port button. Click Apply.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Now reinstall the printers

After this your printer wont go in offline mode even after you have kept it idle for along time.

Instead of following the above very lengthy procedure you can follow this vey short and simple one to solve the issue. This is what you can do
    1. Go to start,devices and printers,
    2. Right click on the shared printer and select printer properties,then select the advanced tab,
    3. Finally select always available.
    4. After this restart the PC and the printer and after that it is sure that the printer will work with no problem.