Thread: OCZ Vertex 2 Vs OCZ Agility 2: Real World Differences

OCZ Vertex 2 Vs OCZ Agility 2: Real World Differences

I want to know the real difference in between the OCZ Agility 2 and OCZ Vertex 2. And regarding this as much I know is that in this the only dissimilarity I am able to get is that the Agility 2 is 10,000 and where as the Vertex 2 is of 50,000 IOPS, and allegedly this influence of 4K random read/write. And with that said, and I want other than the benchmarking, so is there any of the real-world dissimilarity so please inform me. And please do it as soon as it is possible for you guys.

Re: OCZ Vertex 2 Vs OCZ Agility 2: Real World Differences

Regarding this I have searched a lot on the net but really I am not able to get any of the significant difference in between these. For this I have checked most of the forum site also but not able to get the proper solution of this. Actually in this I mean for the home PC or gaming rig, you will not be able to inform any difference.

The dissimilarity is typically accidental mark, which is bit slower on the Agility 2. Random read is approximately the similar. In any read depended scenario they will be impossible to tell apart in usage. In somewhat through lots of writes you would be able to inform the dissimilarity, but like this scenarios are established on servers more than on desktops. Even with the limpped chance write, the Agility to still is on par with the X25-M G2 in accidental writes. However the price dissimilarity is slight smaller as well.

Currently I have an Agility 2 on my machine, so I am explaining over here my scenario. At first, I was running 3x30 vertex raid-0, then I think that it was overkill so I get down to 2x30 raid-0. RAID which was a most significant ache for me it is not anything but harms after only a small number of weeks of it working appropriately. So that is the reason I have decided to go with the single OCZ Vertex 60GB. I observed a sale on the Agility 2 60GB, and the upgrade cost was not too much so that is why I have tried this. And then I got a shock in this all Gen 2 Agility and Vertex SSDs lose 4GB of space so to fix this issue I have only two ways first is upgrade my operating system size or I have to reinstall everything. So please tell me that what should I do?

Actually I do not have any of the experience related to the Sandforce based SSDs. ButI will chuck this out there. I have went through a single 120GB Agility to a 160GB Intel G2 to Agility RAID 0 array. Between the three I did not become aware of any dissimilarity. There was a enormous dissimilarity between a mechanical drive and the Agility, but between SSD configurations I was not able to observe any. Given the enormous benefit the Intel drive had over the Agility's in rand 4k processes, if I was not able to inform dissimilarity in each day utilize, I doubt you would be able to let know a dissimilarity considering that's where the Vertex 2 advantage lies over the Agility 2. I have become aware of 96GB Agility/Vertex 2 drives. Not confident of the present prices though. Based on what your raid issues were they may be value looking into. I be acquainted with the Indilinx based OCZ drives had violent Garbage Collection. But about the Sandforce I am not sure. I know only this much related to your problem.

I had recently seen the 96GB version and I approximately pulled the trigger now I desire I did for the reason that it was a pleasant price with the present discontinued binge cash back. Actually from going from a single SSD to Raid-0 and back to that I totally agree. As for going from a single SSD to Raid-0 (x3 and x2) and back, I totally agree. Actually, my windows load time is earlier through a single SSD than through 2 or even 3 in raid-0. But single one is much less headaches for me.