Thread: Corsair SSD weird

Corsair SSD weird

I have modified the whole thing out from motherboard to cpu to ram to power supply and not anything has phased it. In the nut shell there are no any issue but at the time when I reboot my PC they get disappear. Then I have tried once more and reboot it then they reappear or just one reappears. You remain doing it until they together show up again. Then your Operating system is gone although the files are still stay on the drive. And the kicker is it will not permit you to install windows 7 on any drive SSD. You must clear CMOS and stay away from Raid just to obtain it to show up. Corsair yesterday lastly admitted they are seeing "some" harms. I went to their message board and there are a small number of threads running around and it does not relate what the computer is. x55, even laptops are seeing the matter. If you also want to see this then you just go to the newegg and you observe the similar story in the review section. So if you you want my opinion then I will say that you just Stay away from these drives.

Re: Corsair SSD weird

It is really strange that the other users of the JMF612 are not reporting the any kind of issue similar to yours. I am confident that the WD SiliconEdge and the Kingston V series G2 make use of the similar controller. The only dissimilarities would be that the JMF618 lets it make use of Toshiba NAND and not Samsung like the 612, identical controllers otherwise. Very much creates it sound like a firmware trouble.

I have read all the post which is given here and in this I have little bit of doubt actually I want to know here that is this issue is related with the RAID? Is this a RAID only problem? It may be hardware/software RAID troubles, but if it is steady (RAID or not), then I would identify extra things. So please tell me some more related to this.

Regarding this I have searched a lot but I was not able to get much more information related to this. Here I got something which I want to share with you guys and I hope it will help you. Part of the reason Western Digital is demanding so much for the SiliconEdge Blue is that they maintain to have done a tradition firmware with enhanced well matched. Maybe there in reality is somewhat to that.

Accurate, they have done somewhat but Kingston's do not give the impression to have the similar problem as the Corsair. I acquainted with that in the past, that Toshiba has used the JMF controller and given it a squeezed firmware to work with. I don't know they have done this again for Kingston? So I know this much related to this.

The majority SSD makers just utilize the reference design and then stick their own sticker on it, maybe with a number of alterations to the firmware. This means that it is improbable you discover the similar harms in dissimilar kinds of SSDs even from the similar makers. Not like the Reactor, which utilizes the new JMicron controller which is presently a fresh revision of the old barefoot controller? It has been approximately extended enough that most harm has been found and resolute previously. The Novas do not have this complexity and usually I believe you are less likely to run into harms with them. Also, the Nova is a quicker drive.