Thread: Problem in power supply of the cpu

Problem in power supply of the cpu

Hello friends, i have got a new GTX and PSU card for my computer system and it was working fine with my system. But after few days of its use, when i was playing videos on my computer suddenly the computer just got switched off and again started again. I am using core i7 with windows 7 on it. Can any one help me to sort out this issue completely as this is happening in every hour.The board and other equipment was working properly, this problem came after I got the GTX card and the new psu.

Re: Problem in power supply of the cpu

I think that your GTX and PSu is drawing too much of the power from the cpu than it actually desired for. A GTX draws close to 319w on its own usage. Also the PSU is of 550v so they both generally add up to the power consumption that is not possible to handle by your processor. So one of the thing that you can do is that use either of them. Also, I would like to ask you that do you still have your old GPU? See if that still works without shutting the system down. Or do you have another PSU so that you can test that to make sure that the PSU is not having any problem.

Hey thanks for your kind information but I would like to inform you that one of my friend is also using the both the cards on the same computer configured computer as I am and he is not facing any kind of problem in doing that. He can do whatever he wants on his computer along with multitasking without any kind of hardware failure. Also, I would like to add up that a PSU that pulls 550v should easily handle your system even with overclocking. So it is not that the cpu cannot handle both of this. Unfortunately I dont have an extra PSU to test what is the exact problem. Please help me to fix this.

Hey since you only have inserted the GTX and PSU card by yourself so have you made sure that you have fixed all the cables properly and that have you made sure that all the cables are fixed tight. If not then you must first see to it that all the cables are properly inserted in the right place and that all are fixed tightly. This kind of a problem usually occurs if there is something wrong gone with the hardware parts. Also not just the PSu you should make sure that all the hardware components are absolutely fitted tightly and that the cables are not directly touching the motherboard. You can move the cables slightly if it comes in contact with the motherboard.

Hey one of my friend was also facing a similar kind of a problem , he had kept the cpu on the carpet floor and because of this the psu was over heating. Due to this the CPU would restart again and again since it could not bear the heat. So what he did was ran blend test for 10 minutes got a max temp of 45C. This was way above the normal temperature, so he pulled up the cpu and made it sit on a case, then after wards when he again switched on the cpu it was working very smoothly. Also make sure that the 4-pin and the ATX is plugged in all the way and nice into the slot as that could also be the possibility of your cpu being restarted again and again.

If you can check your psu on other system and see if it works perfectly over there or not. If not then it your psu which is having the problem and that could be the possibility of the cpu restarting again and again. If it is working fine on other system and not on your own system than there is a chance that your hardware components might have got some damaged while inserting the PSU. So one of the things you can do by yourself if you have an idea about the hardware parts is that you can search and check every part is working fine or not. Even if the problem still persist than you have to call a technician to solve the error, because only he knows the exact parts and the exact solution for the problem.

Hey when your cpu is restarted again and again see that the cpu is not becoming too hot by keeping your hand s on the cpu. If it is getting very hot than make sure that the cpu fan is working properly. It can be that the fan has lost some connection while inserting the cards and because of it, it has stopped working. If this is the case than the cpu will become very hot and your cpu will not bear the heat and therefore it is restarting every 1hour as you have mentioned in the post. So checking this out would be a good option before calling the technician to solve your querry.