Thread: Error in timing with KHX6400D2K2/4G Ram

Error in timing with KHX6400D2K2/4G Ram

Hello friends, I have got a huge problem with my computer, It was just yesterday that it happened. All was working fine until yesterday when I turned on my computer there was just a blue screen on the monitor and nothing was happening even when I restarted my system.
    These are my computer configurations.
    • GEForce 8600 GT
    • AMD Athlon 64x2 DualCorePro 6000
    • Motherboard Asus M4A78 PRO
    • Ram KHX6400D2K2/4G
    • Netap. 650 W
    • DVD TSSTcorpCDDVDW SH-S203N
    • HDD 1TG Samsung
    • XP Professional

I really dont know what this is all about as I dont understand the computer language and I dont want to take any risk with my computer.

Re: Error in timing with KHX6400D2K2/4G Ram

Hey first of all, did you any time pushed your CPU or any time your CPU might have been unknowingly be kicked by someone. If yes than it might be that the internal hardware of the CPU might have got loose which has been the result of your monitor just showing up a blue screen and doing nothing. Usually this happens, when the CPU gets kicked or pushed by some external entities causing damage too the internal hardware of the CPU. Also, I would like to ask you that are you getting any error messages beside the blue screen on the monitor. If yes the please mention it in your post as it could be beneficial to sort out your issue.

No, the CPU was not kicked by any one and nor it was pushed by external entities. It was working fine until yesterday when I started my computer system to surf on the internet. But when I switched on my monitor there was a blue screen on it. I again restarted my system and again the same blue screen occurred but before that some error came for just a fraction of a second. The error message is not readable as it just remains for some second but I guess that the error is something to do with RAMs timing. I dont want to take any risk by doing something wrong so I would want some one to please help me to sort out the issue as fast as possible.

I guess that your RAM might have gotten loose and that is the reason for the blue screen that would come up when you start your computer. So you should do remove your RAM and then insert it again to see if it works for you. Before inserting the RAM please make sure that you clean the slot with a cloth. It can also be that some dust particles might have stuck onto the slot and it would be the reason for the blue screen on your monitor. It is generally prescribed to clean your hardware internal parts in every months to avoid some dust on it and also you should be very careful in doing this as this risky and can cause some hardware malfunction.

Usually this blue screen error mostly occurs when something wrong goes with the RAM in your computer system. The RAM, if it losses its connection with the slot or if it is damaged then this type of error generally occurs when you start your computer system. So its is prescribed to remove the RAM for the motherboard and the again insert it into the the slot and then start your system to check if the error goes and the system starts without any more error. Since you have mentioned that the error is related to some kind of RAM timing then if the the above option dosent works for you than you have to go to the BIOS setup and have to manually set the time of the RAM. But since you are not good in doing this so it is advised to visit some sites and to read the manuals which has the step by step solutions for your problem.

Since you are having problems with your RAM timing and if removing and inserting the RAM dosent solve the problem than you have to again load a new windows on your computer system. I was also facing the same problem as yours and after loading the xp again my error was solved and I was able to run the system completely. Also, remember that even if this fixes your problem with loading XP, your memory will still be restricted by the motherboard to a single stick of memory giving you only 2 gb of RAM, so it would be better if you use only one stick while loading XP in order to keep away from getting further errors.

Hey inorder to solve this kind of problem you must go into the bios setting and you must check the settings of the BIOS utility. In that make sure that the following options are disabled.
    CPU Spread Spectrum .... [Enabled]<----Disable
    PCIE Spread Spectrum ... [ENabled]<----Disable
    If not then you must do it and then restart your system to check if it works for you or not. If still it is showing the same problem than you must run the “memtest” and see the what is the timing of the RAM in that utility. It has to 400mhz, if it is something other than this than you have to reset it to 400mhz.