Thread: When power switch is off AHCI hard drive won't turn off.

When power switch is off AHCI hard drive won't turn off.

Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility was set in or installed on Windows 7 but not on Windows XP initially. I consider this was the reason of innovative troubles. This whole matter is almost certainly only about purely running Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility and Marvell SATA Driver update so that all controllers are restructured or updated with newest drivers because original ones could not handle hot exchange appropriately. So I need your help. If anyone here who know anything about this problem than please help me…

Re: When power is switched off AHCI hard drive won't turn off.

While using AHCI mode, I recognize you can hot exchange hard drives. I have one of them connected to a separate power source so I only push the power button and the drive shows up just as if it were an exterior or external drive powered on. But while I hope to power it off and do so, it still stays in My Computer. How do I throw out it when it never shows up below Safely Remove Hardware like external drives accomplish? SATA to SATA may not forever work but with SATA to eSATA it worked.

Did you attempt and revive my computer and observe if it is really there or just not revived or refreshed up till now? Did you seem in the device manager, while with show hidden turned on, and observe what happens there while you shut it off? When all else fails go into the device manager and put out of action it I mean just disable it. And when you get weary of that, “devcon.exe” which later than some figuring you could make a batch, which enables or disables about any driver or device in your computer system. Those external SATA connectors have the capability to have power on them; possibly the controller board is still staying powered? But then if it was accessed later than that would not it throw errors?

If it is not an external drive then there is no case. If it is internal drive, it is a simple 2 Terabyte Hard Disk drives to which I connected an outside cable or wire that I plugged addicted to an extension cord with a power switch. And yes Windows has a feature to cache matter on external and network drives, so you can at a standstill access the files after unplugging. Seem for that and make certain it is off. Is it plugged into an eSATA port or to an inner SATA connector? If it is eSATA, you should be able to carefully take away it.

That would necessitate a particular eSATA to SATA cable which I do not include because I do not have.
    1. You should first use the program to carefully hot swap the drive.
    2. Get the attached error each time and click on OK.
    3. Just then power switch off the drive.
    4. Refresh My Computer window.

Re: When power switch is off AHCI hard drive won't turn off.

Have you attempted disabling the drive in the device manager earlier than powering it down? The system takes a number of times to disable, so I presume it has built in cache flushing and checking schedules. Then it is only a stuff of sending the device console the command of immobilizing that, checking that it is completely disabled and playing a sound that it is complete. I can do it here in XP pro, with a off to the surface drive which is not being accessed , that has no system connections and all, obtains about 5 to 7 seconds to do or undo, and no supplicant.

Re: When power switch is off AHCI hard drive won't turn off.

I had the similar trouble with PATA as long as the data cable was still linked or connected. Internal drives I attempted to power off, truly awful idea, after that I tried to disconnect parts of the data wire with switch and still didn’t obtain it. I don’t know if being external without a few sort of controller will fix that, someone here surely should. A lot of externals have port multipliers controllers and such that power off as well. Then to do it securely you still have to make certain nothing is going on via the drive, and flush the cache. Secure removal via the system is on any device which is tagged for being removable.