Thread: Toshiba Fingerprint Utility Error

Toshiba Fingerprint Utility Error

Hi all,

I upgraded by Toshiba Satellite E105-1402 to Windows 7. Initially I was using the old Vista OS TrueSuite software to login to windows. Then I download the Toshiba Fingerprint Utility for Windows 7 on the website. after that when I try to enroll my fingerprints, there is an error that says "Operation Failed. Duplicate Template Exists." How to resolve this issue. Please suggest. Thankk in advance.

Re: Toshiba Fingerprint Utility Error

You can try the following steps to restore (which may cause data loss)
    1. If there is global backup password, you can try to use a password to unlock the file, close the pop-up of fingerprint authentication box, and then back up the password in the Password box, type backup. And then by using a password.
    2. If no password is try to fix the global fingerprint software, Open the Control Panel and check.

Please check your settings before making the fingerprint is already registered. Fingerprint registration / entry guidance, see the manual for instructions.
    1. Fingerprint sensor on the attack pressure on your fingers.
    2. In the lower right corner of the computer screen, a menu appears. Hold your finger over the sensor sensing and control center on the menu selection.
    3. Click on Settings -] system settings.
    4. Protector suite setup interface appears. Allowed under the login boot security single sign-on option before clicking Check the box, then OK.

First open the 360 security guards, the state high → Startup Items, Startup Items inside PwdBank will enable, if not to run the C: \ TOSAPINS \ Authenec-Fingerprint-Utility \ Setup.exe to install the fingerprint re-look. Then go the Start menu, All Programs, find TrueSuite Access Manager folder, click inside the TrueSuite Access Manager, or (C: \ Program Files \ TrueSuite Access Manager \ FPManager.exe) registered fingerprint fingerprint login before you can use, you can also delete all the registered fingerprint, re-registration. The use of fingerprint identification can refer to the Start menu, All Programs, TrueSuite Access Manager folder, click inside the Document (or C: \ Program Files \ TrueSuite Access Manager \ lunhelp.exe). All the best.

Whether carried out before the system optimization it?. You need to click on the bottom left corner of the "Start" - "Run" - enter "msconfig", After select "services" - check the "Hide All MICROSOFT service" to see whether the fingerprint system programs running start, as if what is called the finger. All the best.

Fingerprint identification set contains three programs: the user lock, fingerprint input, and user profile backup Backup. Fingerprints to identify all the corresponding Windows account work, the following us look at the setup process. Double-click the key icon on the taskbar, pop-up interface fingerprint set, click the "Run the Registration Wizard," you can see the interfaces, setting off fingerprints. The first step is to set the lock associated with accounts. This software can lock the current account, you can also create accounts after the associate. If by choosing "Register existing windows user", will be elastic interface, if selected and "create and register a new Windows user", will pop up another interface. The difference is that to create a new account will have to confirm the password and account type selected and two.

Re: Toshiba Fingerprint Utility Error

Here’s how you fix the issue

I was doing a clean install of Windows 7, when I ran into the same issue, but I figured it out from someone that had the same problem with an upgrade of windows 7, what I’m about to tell you will fix it either way.

Here is what I did to fix the problem!

First go ahead and remove Truesuite software, in my case the Toshiba finger print utility program, “Truesuite software “. It worked fine with the drivers supplied by Toshiba, but you can’t save your finger prints due to this “template error” issue, so go ahead and remove it.

Now, after removing the Truesuite software. Go to the command line, and type in "finger",

Go up to "Biometric Devices", and open it. Once its open, if you don't see your finger print device, you have to update your device driver, so go to back to the control panel, and device manager and right click on the biometric device, and then the device itself, and tell it to update. Let it find the updated drivers via the web.

After which you can go back to the command line type in “finger” again, and select "Biometric Devices" and you should now be able to see the device. On the left side of that screen select "Change biometric settings", In this screen you can turn it off, which is what you want to do, turn it off save it, then turn it back on and save it again. That will delete any finger prints on file. Now, select “Allow users to log on to Windows using fingerprints”.

After saving that change, it will take you back one screen, where you can see your device again, over to the right of the screen, beside your listed device, it will say "Manage your finger prints data”. Select it, you will be promoted to answer two questions select “Yes” on both of them, then select your fingers to be scanned, after you’re done, close the program, you’re done!

Restart your computer. On the restart, select the finger print, then swipe your finger, it will recognize you, but will still require you to enter your password the first time you log in after that you don't need to.
    That's it your done.

Restart your computer. On the restart, select the finger print, then swipe your finger, it will recognize you, but will still require you to enter your password the first time you log in after that you don't need to.
    That's it your done.