Thread: What Is This wdmaudio.inf?

What Is This wdmaudio.inf?

I have been installing many drivers in the computer recently. And while installing the drivers I make the use of DISM. I was trying to install the Audio drive into the operating system of Windows 7 using the install.wim file that uses tyhe DISM, but my DISM viewed an error message and while seeing the error message I came to conclusion that a file called the wdmaudio.inf is having some problem. I have never came to such kind of the .inf file of this type. But this file looks normal when I run the install.wim. Please tell me what is this problem. Thanks In Advance.

Re: What Is This wdmaudio.inf?

The DISM is used only for the Vista and later to the Windows 7 option. So whenever you try install the Audio drive through this the DISM does not properly identify the software that you are trying to install. And it is also considered to be an offense by the Microsoft if you try installing the version of drives that is not being certified by the Microsoft company. If there are any offenders that are found they will be banned in the first violation.

The above file that your talking about comes in the Windows Vista or in the Windows 7 sidebar gadget. And possibly all this file can be an .inf file, but information regarding this file is also slim and also you can get the information in the Microsoft sites through the Partner level access. This errors are basically found in the MSDN posts where some one creating a vista sidebar. You can try with the optional side bar that is present for the windows 7 and try installing the components through DISM.

The error of the wdmaudio.inf will be shown as \Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\wdmaudio.inf_x86_neutral_aed2a4456700dfde but if you see carefully then this path and the path that has been shown in the normal coding that is the \Windows\inf, both the things are one and the same if you see it carefully. And also the new Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool is the one which shows the problem of wdmaudio.inf, because the file is being installed using the digital image.

The DISM shows the audio file through the file name as wdmaudio.inf because the files that are created by using the DISM is always shown through the .inf file. It is nothing but the normal audio file that is being displayed in the windows 7 and also in the further features of the Windows Vista. The DISM file is the further features of the pkgmgr, PEImg, and IntlConfg tools that is an advanced version that is being launched by the Microsoft.

If you are not getting the file name that is being given by you in the above query then you can also search out various site and also get the information of the related audio files. The audio files are related with different names and attributes that we may not know and also that the Windows Vista and Windows 7 describe the audio file as the .inf files. The user manual of the drivers are giving the information of the .inf files also the driver files of the Windows 7 and also Vista giving the idea to the user with what they are dealing with.