Thread: Error message shows Epson can't recognise ink carts

Error message shows Epson can't recognise ink carts

I have a windows 7 desktop computer which is connected with Epson DX 8450. I have been printing pages successfully from past several months. Three days ago I went to Epson workshop on maintaining the printer. After the service, I tried to print a sample page from it. But I failed to print it rather I got the error message showing the printer cannot recognizes the ink cartridges. I once again replaced the ink carts, but the printer does not want to take it. What can I do now? I need an advice to correct the issue. Please don’t tell me to change the printer.

Re: Error message shows Epson can't recognise ink carts

The printer is not responding means you used the different ink cartridges that Epson no longer supports. Otherwise you may have put the wrong type of cartridges in the ink holder. Put them correctly as gave in the instructions manual. If this didn’t seems to working then restore the system. Also clean the gold contacts using the pencil eraser or rubber then close the latch. Then insert the cartridges and push them few time gently so that it will place in right position.

Have see the chip that is attached to cartridges? These chips may have failed during the service at workshop or due to the power rush. Make sure that the ink carts are not empty. If it is not the cart problem then obviously the printer has failed or not correctly maintained. I suggest you go again to the same workshop and ask them to check the printer once again. Some minor parts might get damaged without your notice. Once the printer works fine then remove all the drivers of printer from your PC and re install them once again.

If there is Head cleaning utility option in your printer software then Follow below steps to repair your Epson Printer.
    • Switch on the printer and make sure that there is no error light blinking
    • Open the printer application on your PC.
    • In Utility tab there is head cleaning Icon or button. Click it and follow the instructions.
    • Wait until the flashing power light stops
    • Click the Print nozzle pattern button to confirm clean Head and reset it
    • If any problems found repeat the process again until there is no missing segment found.

The problem with your old Epson printer is that the ink cart chip not matching. The Epson changes the firmware every once when new kind of product arrive. The new cartridges available in the market won’t work with older computers some time even if the part number matches. Now I can’t tell for what purpose they are doing like this. The printer software which is installed in the computer automatically downloads the firmware update when you connect it to the internet. As a result the no original ink carts stops working. So you might need to stop the update if you want to use the non-epson cartridges. Otherwise do not connect to the internet.

There is small chance to make the printer to recognize its carts by following these simple steps:
    • Install the New set of OEM cartridges or the original Epson carts
    • Power on the printer and off it again.
    • Remove OEM
    • Install the generic carts
    • Power on the printer

See whether it worked or not. Repeat the procedure if it again shows the error.