Thread: Error in printing through Airport Express

Error in printing through Airport Express

Hello everyone Pleas help me out with this, I have a iMac at my home along with a Cannon Printer, I am even connected wirelessly to the network for the internet. They both work very good and I am able to print any thing I want through Airport Express wirelessly. But the problem is that my home compute r is not able to detect the printer through Airport express. I am not sure how to get the IP address of the printer and although I did tried to print through usb cables attaching to my home computer and it printed perfectly. So the thing is how to connect a pc wirelessly to the printer.

Re: Error in printing through Airport Express

Hey first of all which OS do you have on your home computer system. If it is a Mac then it has to get connected wirelessly to the printer. If you are having Windows on your system than why don’t you download and install Bonjour software on the windows machine. This software is specially designed for getting connected to any network very easily. I own a cyber and have about 20 computers that has windows on it and I use this software to get connected to the wireless network and can print any thing I want at any time without having any problem

Every device needs some or other kind of a driver for it to be set to run. I think your home computer system might lack some of the drivers that are needed for it to connect it to the Cannon Printer via Airport express. You must search in the google for all the drivers that is supported by your mother board and the Airport Bus and then check to see if it works for you or not. Once you installed all the drivers than you please don’t forget to restart the pc and also your wifi network.

Hey you can try this out, since you own a Mac you can connect to the AirPort Express and print it easily without having any kind of a problem as such, so why don’t you first connect and install the printer directly via cables connected to your mac. Then disconnect it from your mac and plug it into AE. This will let the drivers get installed automatically on your home computer system. After this you have to Run the installation and your home computer will be able to connect it to the printer via Airport Express and you will be able to print it properly.

Install the windows xp software again on your home computer system as it might be that the computer that you are using have lost the files that are used to detect the printer wirelessly through Airport Express. Or you can try to check it out whether the computer system works with other printer. That is if you use other printer say HP and if it gets connected through Airport Express and you are also able to print it correctly , than I guess its your Cannon Printer problem. So you have to try different approaches and see which one works for you