Thread: How to configure wireless mouse and keyboard?

How to configure wireless mouse and keyboard?

I am using desktop system, I use Windows 7 operating system, Intel dual core processor 2GB of DDR RAM . Few days back my logitech keyboard paid off , so I decided to change it with a wireless one. Along with the wireless keyboard I want to purchase a wireless mouse as well. But installing a wireless setup is not easy as it is to use . Can any one guide me in doing this?

Re: How to configure wireless mouse and keyboard?

If you have not touched anything and not tried to install yourself , begin from the scratch. Open the box that contains your keyboard and mouse. The box will probably will contain a wireless keyboard and a mouse , a wireless receiver that acts as the receptor of signals for the remote mouse and keyboard, a compact disk of software and utilities , set of batteries (some of the manufacturers provide it but some do not, you will have to put yourself) and a manual for guidance and instructions.You can read the manual and do the setup yourself.

Re: How to configure wireless mouse and keyboard?

As you know that a receiver is a device that is connected physically to the cpu of the computer. As the name suggests it receives the signals from the mouse and the keyboard that is placed remotely. Many wireless setups have two receivers , one for the the mouse and the other for the keyboard. But before setting up the devices, place of interference matters a lot. Keep the receiver at a distance of at-least 8-9 inches away from any source that may cause any sort of interference e,g a monitor. The distance between the receiver and the keyboard/mouse should lie between 8 inches to 6 feet.