Thread: compatible Serial/USB adapter for Anritsu Analyzer

compatible Serial/USB adapter for Anritsu Analyzer

I am going to purchase an Anritsu electronic analyzer. It has a serial interface and a user friendly PC interface. It is an older version analyzer though it uses serial communication port for the computer. The application which contains the user interface allows us to see the data which the device creates. But I want to use the serial/USB adapter to connect the device. Will it work if I connect the analyzer using this adapter? If it won't work, please give me other solution. The application of this device capable to work with several windows version.

Re: compatible Serial/USB adapter for Anritsu Analyzer

An electronic network analyzer is a device or instrument to measure the network parameters. There is one kind of device from Anritsu called sitemasters which uses RS-232 port which can capable to connect by the use of Serial to USB adapter. If you don’t mention about the brand names, then there some cheap devices which you can try. But probably the device is created for the handheld use. If you are doing some kind of research using this instrument then I prefer go for the one which I mentioned above.

There are numerous product from Anritsu such as sitemaster, cellmaster and some of the Spectrum master product which comes with RS-232 ports. The most of new Mac computers comes with USB ports other than the serial ports. The following are the some of the USB/serial adapters have been confirmed by the Anritsu. HP(5184-2172), XIRcom (PGSDB9), Delrome(DEL00331), Anritsu(551-1691). If you are using the older version device or the application tool, then only Anritsu based adapters will match.

You may or may not know that the adapters will not communicate with the Device Code loader Software. It only commune with the Anritsu Handheld software. If you are looking for a sample test then the Anritsu provides some demo device with which you can decide and save your money. In order to load the companion app in your Mac computer or other than windows OS, you can use bootcamp software.

Yes .The one product called sitemaster S113 is capable of USB/serial interface and also comes with the PC based Software Tool. This tool offers an online database record. This tool also converts the device display to a Microsoft windows 3.x graphics. Once the handheld is connected to PC you can avail the drag and drop feature by using mouse. This program also performs Distance to Fault (DTF).