Thread: No audio after plugging USB keyboard

No audio after plugging USB keyboard

Hi all,

I recently bought a new USB keyboard for my computer. I plugged that to my computer and after that I found that there is no sound from the speakers. I checked the speaker on my friend’s computer and I found it working there. I checked for all the settings for the audio but nit able to solve that. I tried to use other keyboard but that was giving the same result. I cannot understand the relation between the keyboard and the audio device. Please suggest me the possible solution for this issue.

Re: No audio after plugging USB keyboard

I was also halving the similar problem earlier that you told and I was not able to solve the issue. I searched for this on internet but not got any helpful solution. I tried each and everything that I knew to solve the issue but nothing was helpful ‘to me and finally one of my friends came to my place and when I told him about this then he disabled the audio card to my computer and enable the audio ports by the BIOS. After that when I restarted my computer then I found that the problem was gone and from then I have not got any such issue. You can also try this and I wish that this will resolve the problem for you also. Thank you.

Are you using a multimedia keyboard? I am asking this because if you are using a multimedia keyboard then I am sure that there must be a knob or a button to make the audio mute. Just check for that knob and press that this will unmute the audio and you will be able to hear the sound again. I am sure that you must have tried this because it is very basic thing but if you have not done it yet then do it and get the sound back.

There may be the problem with the audio driver that you are using. It may be corrupted or not functioning properly and therefore you are not getting the sound. According to me, you have to uninstall the audio driver from your computer and install that again. If you found that the problem retains in the system then you can download the latest driver from internet and install that to your system. In many of the cases like this I have seen that the audio drive is the main reason and reinstalling it solves the issue. I hope that it will also help you to solve the problem for you.

I think that you have booted the system without the sound card. You should try to boot again by pluging the sound cart into it. There is possibility that the pci type slot is not able to communicate properly and therefore it is giving such problem. I think that it require to be moved or remounted. You can also try to install the sound cards software again and see whether it is working or not.