Thread: Computer just starts for one second! Which part to RMA?

Computer just starts for one second! Which part to RMA?

Friends, last month I built the new system for me. Yesterday, some dust falls on it. After that when I try to start the computer and press the power button then I can see that the fan and light starts for about 1 second and after that it came to idle. I don’t know that which part is broken or corrupted. I tried to start it many times but all the time it came up with the same result. Can you tell me that what is the reason behind that and how can I get out of this? I think that it is the problem with the PSU and I need to change it but I am not very sure about this. Please help me if you have any idea about this.

Re: Computer just starts for one second! Which part to RMA?

If you open the cabinet and look at the motherboard then you will find that there is a battery on the motherboard. If that battery is not perfect or it low power then also this issue may occur. Just replace that battery with the new one and see whether it starts normally or not? You will get this battery easily on any hardware store in your area and it will also not cause much. Just check for this before going to any other big solution for this. I did this when I was having the similar problem but it was not because of the dust. So my suggestion to you is to change the motherboard battery with the new battery. Good Luck.

After reading your post I think that the problem is with the PSU in your computer. Motherboard can be also one of the possible reasons but it sounds more for the PSU issue. If there is no proper supply of the power to the motherboard then it will not boot and definitely shuts down. Just check your PSU in the some other computer or in alternative to that you can borrow a PSU from any of your friends and try that to your computer. If you find that it is working properly and not giving problem while booting then it will give you the clear idea that the problem is with the PSU and next you know that what you have to do for that. Bring a new PSU and implement that to your computer. This will solve the problem for you.

This can be the grounding problem and is why it is not able to start the computer normally. If you want to avoid any chance of the grounding for your computer then you should take care that you are assembling everything on peak of the motherboard box. You can also try to reset the CPU in your motherboard because if it is not seated properly on the CPU slot then also it may cause the similar problems. These are the basic things that one should consider first in such cases. I hope that this will be a useful suggestion for you.

Do you hear any beep sound after that? If it creates some beep sound from the motherboard then this is the problem with the RAM. You ram is not getting detected and that is why it is not able to load the operating system and results to stop the boot of the system. There may not be the proper connection of the RAM to the motherboard slot. To fix this, you should remove the RAM from your computer and clean that gently. After that reinsert that to your computer and try to boot the system. Not detecting the RAM is one of the one of the most important reason for the issues like that.

If your PSU do not have any problem then there may be problem with the cable that you are using to connect the PSU to your motherboard. It may be corrupted and not providing the proper connection to it. You should take the existing cable of and in place of that you should put the new cable. You will get that cable easily on any computer hardware store. It will also not cost more. Just change that cable an see whether it solves the problem or not.