Thread: The econobox: New build issues

The econobox: New build issues

I have some problem with my computer. I found that it is not able to load the Windows in first power up. When I tried to enter into BIOS settings then I found that it is not able to open the BIOS settings. I think that I am not getting that because I don’t have the onboard video on my motherboard. I found it working when I connect the video card to another monitor. I can see that the Standby Power LED is blinking green which means that the system is on. I am not able to hear the beep sound because my motherboard is missing the system speaker. I can also see the system fans spinning. Please help me that how can I enter the BIOS settings. Thank you.

Re: The econobox: New build issues

I think that the USB keyboard is not getting recognized by your BIOS and that is why you are not able to enter in the BIOS settings. BIOS can push a 640x480 VGA image by any attached graphics device that is in spite of drivers. You can use the PS/2 keyboard to get into the BIOS settings. This will let you to BIOS settings if your USB keyboard is not recognized by the BIOS.

There may be problem with the power supply to your graphics card and is why it is creating the problem for you. To confirm that, you should check the PCIe power connection. It should have the proper connection. You should also check that the card is seated to the slot properly. You should also check that you have connected both 24-pin and 4-pin ATX power connectors to your motherboard. Just check for all these and go for the solution accordingly.

I think that before entering to your BIOS settings, your video card gets overheated. This is one of the possible reasons that you are not getting the BIOS settings. I would like to tell you that small amount of graphic is powered on in BIOS. It requires a small load that should not create more heat. Finally according to me the overheating is the main reason behind this. Just check for this. I wish that it will help you in any manner.

I have one solution for this. This will look strange but it solves the similar problem in my case. First of all turn your machine off and then remove the keyboard from there. Again boot the system and you will get the screen for the keyboard failure. Again plug the keyboard back to the computer and then try to enter the setup. I did the same and this worked for me. I don’t know the logic behind this but it helped me to get out of the issue. Thank you.