Thread: Network Print Issues in Brother mfc-8480dn

Network Print Issues in Brother mfc-8480dn

There was some printing issue in my office and therefore I” went there to solve that. They do not have the ideal set up and they want it to work without buying a new printer server. I did that somehow but after 3 to 4 days their Brother 8480dn just won't budge. Whenever I was sending the print command, It respond after 4 to 5 seconds and prints only 1 to 2 pages of the document and after that they just abort the printing process. I found that the light in the printer starts blinking orange once this happens. Once this happens I have to restart the computer and I am left with only one option that is restarting and after that if I again try to print then it repeats the same process.

If there is anyone who has faced this problem earlier or have any idea that why it is not able to print the entire document then please post your ideas and suggestion here. This will be helpful to me and other users who are searching for the same solution.

Thank you.

Re: Network Print Issues in Brother mfc-8480dn

Have you changed anything in the printer settings? There is possibility that the settings for the printer may have been changed by mistake and that is causing the problem and letting you print only few pages of the documents. Just go to the settings of the printer and check the things. You can also set it to its default settings and try to check for the issue. This will solve the problem if that is related to settings problems.

There is a software available in the market that can help you to manage the printer setting. This software is named as BRAdmin Professional software. This will provide you some useful information for this like page counts, serial number information. This will also enable you for changing the paper size. I recommend you to download this software and install it in your system. Simply connect to this software and you can change the desired options that you want. Good Luck!!!

You can also try to change the spooler setting to fix the problem. You can measure the printer page drop speed once the print job is finished. You can also adjust these settings with the help of printer spool settings. Here are the steps that you have to follow.
    1. First of all click on Start and then select Printer and Faxes.
    2. After that right click on printer and select properties.
    3. It will open a small window with many tabs. Select the Advance tab.
    4. After that you have to do one of the following
      • If you want faster RTA speed then you should select Start printing immediately.
      • If you want faster printer page drop speed then you have to select the Print
      directly to the printer.
    5. Finally click the OK button.

There may be the problem with the printer driver that you are using. It may be corrupted or not functioning properly and that is why you7 are getting the problem like that. Just uninstall the driver that you are using and install it again. Try to print an y document and see whether it solves or not. If you get the document printed properly then it is OK and if you have any problem then you should search for the latest driver available for your printer, Download and install the driver to your computer. This will fix this issue if it is related to the driver. I wish that this will let the issue off. Thanks.

You can also try to optimize printer settings. This will raise the speed of the printing documents. If you want to print any large document then you have to turn off the screen saver. This will increase the printing speed. In some cases I have seen that it aborts the printing process. I recommend you that if li is possible then please turn off your screen server because this will harm your printing process. This is one of the possible reasons. There are many reasons but you can give it a try.