Thread: Cannot connect Wacom Intuos 4 via bluetooth

Cannot connect Wacom Intuos 4 via bluetooth

I have the iMac 27 with Wacom Intuos4 wireless tablet. I have installed OSX 10.6.3 as well as Windows 7. There is no problem for the connection of the tablet to Mac but the problem is that I am not able to get the connection of the tablet on Windows. Whenever I try to make the connection then it gives me the message which is as follows.

"Adding this device to this computer failed
    Adding this device failed because of an authentication error. ... ..."

I am able to detect the device via Bluetooth but it is not able to connect to the Windows. Please help.

Re: Cannot connect Wacom Intuos 4 via bluetooth

To solve this problem, you have to go to Application and select Tablet. You have to take away only the tablet preferences and see whether it makes any difference or not. If that is not making any difference then you have to remove the tablet driver from it and restart the system. Now your tablet will run on the mouse mode without any performance problem. After that you have to run the repair permissions utility and this may fix the problem that you are getting.

I was also getting the same problem of Bluetooth connectivity and I followed the suggestion that you provided. By using the support programs, I removed the preferences. Once I did that then it looks like that problem is gone. I also observed that move setting is started working again which is great for me. But after few days, around 3 to 4 days, it again started to give me the same problem. Please suggest any permanent solution for this issue.

There may be the problem with the driver that you are using. It may be corrupted or not functioning properly so it is not providing the proper connection. Uninstall the Bluetooth driver and reboot your system. Install the driver again to your system and see whether it helps you or not. If that is not working then you can search for the latest driver available on internet and download that driver. Install driver to your computer and this will solve the problem if that is related to the driver.

You can test the Bluetooth connection with the tablet driver uninstalled. You will found that the tablet will run as a mouse in this mode. There may be some programs that are running in the background that is interfering the PDA synchronizing f.e. If you find any such program running then end that program permanently. See whether it makes any difference or not. If you found that the problem is not there with in non-wireless usage then the hardware is fine.

If you found that the OLED do not light up then you have to go to the applications and remove the tablet. Remove the preferences of the tablets only. After this reset you have to restart the driver. See whether it helps to solve the problem or not. If you found that it is not helping you then you can test that on any other machine. If you find that this is happening there also then you can go for the exchange of the tablet. This will be the best way to confirm the issue. I ;wish that this will help you in any manner to solve the issue.