Thread: Sound problem by integrated sound cards in Windows7

Sound problem by integrated sound cards in Windows7

I have some problem with my computer. I am not able to play such old game which supports only EAX 1 or 2 direct sounds. Many of the old game that released is 1990 or 2000 I play on machine when I am using Microsoft Windows XP. This feature support this system because of Accelerated EAX 1 or 2 through direct sound. I would like to know that is there is any possibility from which I can play this old game in Microsoft Windows 7 or vista if I enable EAX game setting. My machine has integrated Realtek sound card and I have download and install windows updated driver. I want to play this all game in Windows 7 is there is any other way to enable sound hardware for the old game. Any suggestion greatly appreciated.

Re: Sound problem by integrated sound cards in Windows7

Yes Windows 7 allow you to play this game with proper sound. Windows 7 has internal Direct-sound built in, so anything that uses Direct-sound function must have Audio. EAX is the extension of direct sound 3D sound effect. Direct sound is the Application program Interface that sits between the application and sound device driver. Its Sound-Max gives you ability to map any EAX calls into some sound that could possible to play in Windows 7. Don’t try anything just refer this solution you might get satisfy by this solution.

In Microsoft Windows 7 direct sound is emulated, for that only reason does not have Hardware Access Layer so sound processing by an audio chip through direct sound is not possible. But 3D sound back will able to translate EAX calls to direct sound to particular API that give access to the Hardware Access Layer. This internal feature of Windows7 allows you to play any old game on your system. So don’t worry and play game with direct sound.

Some small change in your hardware will solve this problem easily. For this you just replace your processor with higher version of processor. You have on-board sound like Realtek is normally know as Digital to Analog converter which directly makes a contact with the Driver not with the Audio Controller. Simple mixing and specialization for sound effects type of feature it can’t take means it has no capacity to process. To complete this process it needs compatible CPU to process. So just making some change in processor you will get your solution.

Yes you can convert hardware 3D sound to EAX by your on-board Realtek sound. Only compatible creative audio chip can do this instead using the CPU. This problem can be solve by using OpenAL driver which takes so little space to store. This driver support EAX 1 or 2 sounds. One thing that I want to tell you that don’t think anymore because audio processing doesn’t take more power relative to other modern processor. It simply means that accelerators don’t make any kind of difference. Try this solution you will never found this kind of situation and if you get you will solve on your own.

In simple means EAX is the extension of 3D sound effect. You could this by replacing your processor who plays important role. When driver load into the memory, first it confirm to all application that it has buffer process to hardware 2D/3D sound usually limited to 32 voices. You can simply change your processor which enable you use is EAX 1 or 2 sound features while working in windows 7. Don’t go for another just try this you will solve this problem itself.