Thread: Cannot add new RAM to AM3 system

Cannot add new RAM to AM3 system

I have built a new system just two months ago and the performance of that was quite good as compared to my old laptop but on the last Sunday the system was crashed badly. The problem was with the Ram that I was using in the system. I removed the RAM and then plug it in the system two to three times but there was no response. So what is the problem with the system and the RAM and how can I overcome these problems. There are two RAM’s installed in the system that I am using; any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to resolve the issue.

Re: Cannot add new RAM to AM3 system

There seems to be a problem with the RAM that you are using or there is a problem in the socket AM3 in which you are inserting the RAM. So, first tell me the proper system configuration that you have prepared which will help me to resolve the problem in a better way. The RAM gets hampered when there is a problem in the system or the RAM that you have purchased may be damaged before you purchased it firm the dealer.

I am using the Windows 7 operating system in the system which has a Kingston 4 GB (2x2 GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model CT2KIT12864BA1339 RAM that I have purchased from the market last week and it has a Intel core 2 Quad 6600 processor and a hard drive of 500 GB, it also has a Nvidia graphic card for gaming. When I try to start the system with the help of a single RAM it started quite well but when I plugged in the new Kingston RAM in the AM3 socket it created a beep and the system does not turn on after that so what is the problem with that and how can get the RAM working there any advice will help.

There is a problem in the AM3 socket on which you are trying to insert the Kingston RAM. So to resolve these first try to start the system with only one RAM in the slot and after that change the RAM to other slot and if in both the cases they run then there is no problem in the AM3 socket and if they do not work in any of the slot then AM3 socket is not working and you have to send the Motherboard to the service center to get it repaired if it is in the warranty period, these will cost you a little amount of the money.

I have tried the solution provided by you above and tired all the possible combination but it does not worked for me. There is some problem in the RAM according to me as I have tried the Same RAM in my Friends system and it was working there and then plugged in a new Transcend RAM from one of my friend in my system and it worked fine in the AM3 socket. So where is the problem and how can I resolve this issue any recommendation will be appreciated to resolve the problem.

There is no problem in the AM3 socket where you are plugging the RAM, as you have stated that another RAM works very well here so the Kingston RAM has a problem. To resolve these you have to replace the Kingston RAM of 2 GB from the dealer from where you have purchased it or you can get it replaced from the Kingston service center if it is in the warranty period or buy a new one, this will resolve this problem in a better way.