Thread: Samsung Spinpoint F2 EcoGreen (HD154UI) : 1.5 TB

Samsung Spinpoint F2 EcoGreen (HD154UI) : 1.5 TB

HD154UI is the Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen F2 newest first model and 1500 GB of manufacturer, in this series "green" to boot. A Spinpoint F2 at 7200 rpm should be released shortly, but the timing of marketing makes obvious priorities of Samsung. If F2 Green Eco aim to improve the performance and consumption, the primary purpose is to provide greater capabilities: you start with a 500 GB model, which is separated only by a 1000 GB of our test model and its 1500 Go The two models are the highest capacity available with 16 or 32 MB of cache, while the 500 GB F2 EG confined to only 16 MB. Although a bit heavier than the F1 (650 grams), F2 EcoGreen has the same specifications (resistance to shocks of 70 G) and a similar level of consumption. As discussed a bit further with the listings, the consumption is even slightly higher than the Spinpoint EcoGreen F1. Nonetheless, this difference is slight, and the 500 GB of additional F2 EcoGreen compared to its predecessor gave him the advantage in perspective capacity per watt. Finally, remember that these drives are not designed for maximum performance, although they do very honorably Spinpoint T166 compared to 2007.

Re: Samsung Spinpoint F2 EcoGreen (HD154UI) : 1.5 TB

Well, we must think about the planet, coughed, leave nuclear plants, all good. So let's go gaily, sacrifice our perfs. After all. Now we're done with it, where you approach the subject of performance (and in absolute value) of "clusters" of video cards (dual-gpu for some, let's insane!) mounted sli in crossfire? But if, you know, the ones who need extra molex connectors ... alims let alone 700 or 800W. And all Ventilos required to try to cool stuff. The "green" is popular, ok, I will. It sells. But would stop 2mn. Come and support that your hard 2TB (paid a fortune) get slapped by a disk of 2007, but that's okay because it will save 3watts and that this is something "green", shit, whatever. If it is for mobility, gus who wishes to be able to walk around with their entire library of MP3 and DivX, fine. But typing speeds to 25MB / s USB (one-fourth of the possibilities of any recent drive a bit) just for fun, no thank you. And flows are not much more wondrous in eSATA because it will be fine "secondary", and do not affect the intrinsic speed of your machine; you still have to fill, huh.

I disappointed upon reading the article in question ... I really preferred, since the title anything but a comparative Made by Samsung. Not that I love ... not even Samsung. But here we are far from listing and explanation of the principles affecting performance. It explains a bit but is rather a comparison of different Samsung drives in the end. Disc Format (2.5 ", 3.5", 5.25 "?!), angular velocity (rotation, RPM, coughed), linear speed, data density, PMR VS longitudinal inertia, access time, latency ... and even perhaps a blow to the concepts of gender-strocking shorts, RAID, partitioning, fragmentation, and their influence on the perfs. Understanding that certain principles depend on the next door when others are flatly contradict them. Explain it, explain it. I know all these principles have been explained to everyone on their side.

Um for your leadership, on eSATA external drive in the same perf as if connected directly to SATA, this is precisely what the interest of eSATA. Quite clearly you've never tried to say that. And the interest to have an external drive is not only mobility is also able to stop when not in use. My biggest drive is eSATA in a box, I do turn it on when I need it, the rest of the time consumption = 0! And as it is I have exactly the same eSATA speeds when it was in internal SATA. If it is for mobility, gus who wishes to be able to walk around with their entire library of MP3 and DivX, fine. but typing speeds to 25MB / s USB (one-fourth of the possibilities of any recent drive a bit) just for fun, no thank you. and flows are not much more wondrous in eSATA.

And it's true that this race is more than pitiful Watts is so easy to put the blame on small consumers than pointing the finger at manufacturers who drop tons and tons of CO ² and other month. .. I am having a minimum pollution index of 7.3 on the year it is significant that today we are at 9. Yet one of the most poor and working class, with 150,000 inhabitants, counting for 1 pc 3, taking an average of 380W per cent H12 lit you get not even hold a candle to one industry based on the port side left.