Thread: Problem with HDD SpinPoint 1TB

Problem with HDD SpinPoint 1TB

I am new to this forum, so just ignore my silly mistakes (if any). I was having some problems related to the HDD SpinPoint 1TB. I have searched on search engines but didn't found any appropriate solutions, so thought to ask you members. Actually the problems is that I kept my old hard drive Seagate Barracuda 200GB SATA, which I use to transfer. The concern comes when I plug both drives in my tower, Windows XP does not boot. When I put only spinpoint while walking nickel. The other hard drive is recognized in DOS. A transformer with a SATA / USB, I had access to the old drive, I reformatted to NTFS. Can someone help me to solve my problem?

Re: Problem with HDD SpinPoint 1TB

Try plugging it into one of the other SATA connectors, to see ... (2 ports - probably in a different color - are managed by a JMicron controller, the others being managed by the ICH10R). Branches you correctly your second disc in "Slave" (Slave)? For a thor: BIOS tries to boot only disk unbootable. Very very void the ASUS BIOS also why, must first tell it to boot a hard disk (ie not on a CD or USB drive or network) and then in another menu, choose which HDD password first.

My XP is on my new drive, spinpoint. The trouble is that in the boot options, the old drive does not appear in the list. But I see the list of "integrated". I have already tried to divide that in two different places, but that is also not helping in resolving the issue. I have also altered the hard disk priority order from the BIOS menu, still the same problem. I know there are more things to check (troubleshoot) that I will try soon. Anyways thanks for taking out your time and helping me.

Re: Samsung SpinPoint M5S 250 GB, 5400 rpm

I want to just know about the Samsung SpinPoint M5S 250 GB, 5400 rpm. So thought to post here instead of making new thread. I hope that no-one would have any problem regarding this. Moving to the subject, I am thinking to go for Samsung SpinPoint M5S 250 GB. And I am not having enough knowledge about it. So thought that you guys would be useful in providing some useful information.

Re: Samsung SpinPoint M5S 250 GB, 5400 rpm

Samsung HM250JI is the second hard drive 2.5" standard height (9.5 mm) to reach the 250 GB Western Digital Although was fastest with his Scorpio WD2500BEVS, Samsung's new model outperforms the WD in all fields: 3.1 against 3.4 watt maximum power consumption, 0.9 against 1.0 watt consumption at rest, 17.3 against 17.8 ms average access time, transfer rates of 10 % higher and slightly better results in PCMark 05. These figures clearly show that Samsung has created an excellent hard drive, and these performances are even more impressive as they enable it to compete with those of 7200 rpm in several tests. For it HM250JI Samsung chose the SATA interface 150, which therefore does not support a speed of 150 Mb / s. As one can easily see from the Western Digital Raptor, the interface choice has no impact on performance of current disks. Better choice of interface helps save energy. We have never seen a disc SATA/300 reach down to below 1 watt at rest.

All Samsung hard drives are warranted for three years. Side noise, it is a little above the Fujitsu with 24 dBA and 26 dBA at rest supported. The impact strength is however a little higher with 325g and 1000g running when turned off, which is probably due to its weight of only 100g. In addition, the price of Samsung drives is now quite attractive, and we believe these new models represent one of the best choices for those who are interested in a disk medium / high end. Even the most avid of performance and using a 7200 rpm first generation may consider changing their hard drives: the SpinPoint M5S and some of its competitors offer better transfer rates and higher consumption reasonable. This also applies to the drive from Fujitsu, although its capacity does not exceed the 160 GB.