Thread: Problem in sharing Printer HP Deskjet 4200

Problem in sharing Printer HP Deskjet 4200

And I am using a laptop to I need to share the Printer. I am using Windows vista as Os on both the PCs and a PRONET wireless router to access internet. I can share the drive between the two PCs but I am not able to share the printer. I have shared many printers from my desktop. I tried to mark out the error in it but it showed me print spooler service is not running on your pc. So what should be the problem? Please help me.

Re: Problem in sharing Printer HP Deskjet 4200

To connect a printer to a computer and to share the printer from that computer is the most common solution for sharing a printer because of the ease and price. The main disadvantage of this is that the computer should at all times be arranged for the printer to work. Did you install the latest drivers for both? And also while connecting try [http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314073]. I had to do this to connect to our printer. It also explains how to fix your issue.

Are you getting any error messages when you try to contact the printer from the added machine? If so go to the START menu. Then click on run and then type \\computername (restore computer name with the computer name that is attached to the printer) are you able to see the printer shared? If the printer troubleshooter is reporting that you don't contain the print spooler service operation you may also want to end and resume the service.

To share printers on a wireless router try this solution as listed below: Connect your printer to one of your network's computers. Please be confident that the printer's drivers are the latest. If they're older, you can download new drivers from the printer manufacturer's website. Start on the Control Panel on the core computer. Then Open the "Printers and Other Hardware" window. Right-click on the printer you want to split over the network and select "Sharing..." from the fall menu that appears.
    Toggle to the "Sharing" tab and click on the button showing "Change sharing options." Then, check the box next to the "Share this printer" option. Generate a network name for the printer, and place it into the correct field. Click "OK" to save the changes and build the printer to exist over the wireless network.
    Hope so this may help you.