Thread: SSD X25M 80gb G2 installation issue

SSD X25M 80gb G2 installation issue

I have recently got the Sony VAIO laptop (model#: VPCCW27FX/L) that is having an Intel Core i5 Processor and a 14″ LCD display. After some days, I tried to install the x25m 80gb g2 ssd on it. But I am not able to install it properly. When I tried to install, there are no error messages but it is not showing anywhere in my system even after the installation. I am sure that definitely I am doing something wrong (maybe missing some steps) while doing the installation. So thought to take some help from you members. Please provide me useful steps that are required for an installation. Hoping that someone will help me soon.

Re: SSD X25M 80gb G2 installation issue

After opening after the packaging box you will see SSD at the top, a small CD and a Quick Start Guide and a sticker. Under there is the mounting frame and 2 bags of 2 x 5 screws. These vary in size and are used for fastening one of the SSD on the mounting frame and the other for mounting in the PC case. In addition, you should download, if not available, a SATA cable and a SATA power cable. Now was unpacked after the cardboard and lay the pieces in front, then start the first SSD to the mounting frame to lay around the whole match. The SSD with the 4 screws clean and not too tightly screwed that was SATA power cable and SATA cable connected. I think that you have done this properly before the installation. Installation is the next part but you should start properly.

I was also having the similar issues but later on I managed to work out with SSD X25M 80gb G2. I turned on the PC and it not recognized my SSD in the computer. Well I thought that you know already from Win98SE and XP. So I opened the Disk Management and it was seen. As the disk 2; unknown, it was the magnetic disk characterized. Once I click on the window appeared a 2 to initialize. I clicked on OK and start the PC. Windows 7 announced then that the SSD is now recognized. That was good, now I went down the PC, turned off that and put the SATA data cable into the correct SATA slots. The slots of the two magnetic disks as I read, so that the SSD was attached to a slot on its own and thus causing no confusion with the two magnetic disks. PC was turned on and inserted the Windows 7 installation DVD. Installation started started when the 100MB partition and partition 2 to format without which, it was as usual without problems, within 15 minutes by the Installation. After a reboot I looked in Disk Management and saw the two, created by the installation of partitions. Pure W 7 installation with memory consumption. In the computer it was also visible in the Device Manager that showed it.

After the Windows 7 installation worked smoothly, it was now required to optimize the SSD in conjunction with the operating system. To prevent permanent problem and write and read access to the flash memory cells and stem I disabled some services. Certainly, for them services while they should absolutely clear as long as the SSD technology is still not as mature as the magnetic hard drives already are. Because Windows 7, as already mentioned SSDs responds correctly and supported, many system settings that may prevent a perfect support of the SSD was disabled on my system after installing Windows 7. This automatic defragmentation, Ready Boost, Superfetch is also useful. You should be safe, this can of course check the Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services accordingly. If you're already active in this region, please check also equal to the service, which is also useful as cause for quick flash memory of an SSD pre-charge mechanisms these artificial anything. In addition, the constant writing of log files is more than necessary. So it should be active, and finished it off please.

I would like to suggest you to disable the Windows Defender. Setting the Windows Defender options brings with it no improvement, the tool still constantly plowing around on the hard disk. The easiest way is to both the service than to use the control over Group Policy to disable. For this purpose you go first thing in the Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services or go to Start -> Run -> services.msc, the service manager directly. There, you scroll to the Windows Defender service, terminate it and set the startup type to Disabled. After the service was disabled and stopped, you call on Start - Group Policy on the Run -> gpedit.msc administrative. Once there, you navigate to Administrative Templates / Windows Components / Windows Defender, and change there, "turn off Windows Defender" in the right pane, the default setting of the Directive of "disabled" to "Enabled". Last by not confusing the statement chase you off like that enabled, this means nothing other than the disabling of Windows Defender is now active. The only problem now would be to supply the Windows 7 user, because they have not implemented a Group Policy in their system. To this end you try once more to the Registry Editor, which you start - go to> regedit.exe -> Run. Now navigate to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Windows Defender. Once there, you click in the right pane, double and DisableAntiSpyware to change the default from 0 to 1. If the entry does not exist, you create it by right-clicking in the right pane -> New -> DWORD value named DisableAntiSpyware and a value of 1. If the key Windows Defender are also missing, then this must of course be installed first and the effect you right click in the left pane -> New -> Key. As a key name you give according to "Windows Defender" field.

Many of today's solid state drives (SSDs) offer the guarantee of improved performance, more dependable responsiveness, increased battery life, better-quality austerity, quicker startup times, and noise and vibration lessening. With prices dropping precipitously, most analysts expect more and more PCs to be trade with SSDs in place of traditional rotating hard disk drives (HDDs). Sequential read and write operations range between quite superior to fabulous. Because flash chips can be configured in parallel and data spread across the chips, today's improved SSDs can read sequentially at rates larger than 200 MB / s, which drives is close to double the rate many 7200 RPM can deliver. For sequential writes, we see some devices significantly beyond the rates of typical HDDs, and most SSDs doing moderately well in comparison. In today's market, there are still Considerable differences in rates flanked by SSDs sequential write. Some greatly outperform the typical HDD, others lay by a bit, and a few are poor in comparison. SSDs tend to be very fast for random reads. Most SSDs meticulously trounce traditionally HDDs because the mechanical work required to position a rotating disk head is not required. As a consequence, the better SSDs can perform 4 KB random reads almost 100 times faster than the typical HDD (about 1 / 10 th of a millisecond per read vs.. Roughly 10 milliseconds).

Basically it is enabled in Windows 7 not only controls them anyway, do you call the Start -> Run -> regedit.exe in the registry editor and navigate to the following location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Dfrg \ BootOptimizeFunction. In the right pane, the entry should be on no. Is not at all the key BootOptimizeFunction present, Windows 7 has done everything right and it did not create what we do not change course. Since a SSD requires very little power and the power options of Windows 7 were already set rather suboptimal, it is advisable to change this. Change Control Panel / Power Options / Power plan settings to the current power plan / Change advanced power settings / disk / hard drive to the best off and put it on before. Since I have installed magnetic hard drives I let the energy option. To garbage collection and trim to keep apart, you should perform before its eyes, the Trim command removes the data from cells that are not needed anymore and garbage collection adjusted Pages. In other words, Trim provides the groundwork and garbage collection takes care of the fine-tuning, since flash cells are grouped into pages. Garbage Collection is exactly how the implementation of the trim controller including firmware of a SSD-dependent. An SSD has neither the one nor the other principle, automatic on board, good current SSDs already. Even though I no image program began, there are a few points that must be observed. Of a permanent monitoring system with the image backup or similar programs ala Nonstop I can only advise, because this is always written to the SSD. So take the image files (such as Acronis True Image) after the completion of your images from the startup of Windows 7.

Software installations can be, subjectively felt to perform rapid than the magnetic hard drives. Start applications, and work faster in any case, not only felt but visible. Surfing with Firefox, if you consider the settings from my upper report, very enjoyable. Firefox starts in a flash and the pages can be called up quickly. Line losses in daily work, I could so far not seen it yet. Word, PDF and Excel documents can also edit very quickly. Starting and Stopping Windows 7 has not suffered any break. Intel calls the data a "typical" power consumption of the SSD in operation for regular access (Mode) of only 150 mW, which was established during the term of the Mobile Mark 2007 and activated DIPM. However, the idle times of the plate incorporated. Under full load takes the SSD to our measurements with the Iometer profile (IOMix), according to up to 2.4 watts. Nevertheless, Intel's SSD was activated at DIPM the battery life of a HP Compaq 6730b extend from 270 to 290 minutes. Decisive for this is primarily expected to lower by more than half a watt of power consumption at idle SSD compared to the standard built-in Fujitsu hard drive (MHZ2250BH) be. Without DIPM the Intel SSD then needed as the SSD-competitive models of 0.6 watts at idle and does not extend the battery life.

Intel itself advertises with the lowest energy consumption of all manufacturers. The extremely low power consumption of about 0.1 watts at idle but only with the procedure specified in the Serial ATA specification Device Initiated Power Management (DIPM) distance. If no more commands for processing is present and the drive is idle, it can enable the SATA link into an energy saving mode and turn off the interface electronics almost completely. Takes you back to the flash disk, it can out of this sleep mode (Slumber mode) wake up again within a few microseconds, so that no noticeable delays. The impact of energy-saving features can be derived from a chart of our measurements with the oscilloscope read out-kop (see accompanying chart) at boot time with and without DIPM. So far, the energy saving features of Intel's X25-M, however, use only in very special environments. According to Intel, you need a laptop with GM965 Chipset, ICH8M or so with ICH9 southbridge. Moreover, the SATA host adapter to which the SSD is plugged in, running in AHCI mode, and Windows XP or Vista need the AHCI driver from Microsoft or Intel Matrix Storage Manager (IMSM) at least version 7.8. Supposedly DIPM be on newer notebooks from Dell and Lenovo on by default. Whether this is indeed the case, can be checked in the registry. There should under Vista \\ HKLM \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ - Services \ msahci \ Controller0 be set as the value for DipmEnabled a "1" or when using the Matrix Storage Manager in XP or Vista under the entry \\ HKLM \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ - Services \ iaStor \ Parameters \ Port (x) be set for each port, the value for DIPM to 1.