Thread: Printer Icon remains in the systray after printing is over

Printer Icon remains in the systray after printing is over

Recently I have switched from the Windows xp to the windows 7 64 bit ultimate and have attached HP LaserJet 1020 printer to the dell laptop, the problem here is that when the printing job is over then too there is a printer icon present in the Systray which I don’t like at all. So what is the issue here and how can I get away from this problem. This problem was not present in my system when I was using the Windows xp operating system on the same dell laptop.

Re: Printer Icon remains in the systray after printing is over

For the minute icon, you can choose never to demonstrate the print notification or terminate the explorer.exe procedure in task manager. I think the successful print notification is receiving lost on the system. These are the option available for the printer icon to be terminated from the systray that is at the bottom of the desk top screen.

I have tried thew solution provided by you above but failed to remove the printer icon from the systray, i have tried to delete it from the task manager but it shown me the message as these process can not be terminated and you have to try after sometime and from the right click option on the printer icon which provides a exit option but there was not a option available for the same. So, please provide some solution that will work to resolve these issue.

The problem that you have mentioned can be easily solved, you just need to select or right click the print tray icon at the systray. After that you have to select the “Refresh” option from the list which will resolve the problem of the printer icon and if then too the problem is there then you can contact the printer manufacturer or the Microsoft for further assistance.

Many of the time there are a number of the icon are listed in the systray even when these application are not running, these happens when there is a problem in the operating system. So to overcome this problem you have to reinstall the operating system by using the boot DVD that you have for the Windows 7 OS or you can go for the Windows 7 update from the Microsoft website.

To resolve this issue you need to right click on the empty space in the task bar and then select the properties options there. Then on the Main page of the properties options you need to choose “Customize” which is present on the bottom located in the listing from the printer and then select it. Finally you need to select the “Always hidden ” icon to resolve the problem.