Thread: I have problem on my USB iPod on my computer

I have problem on my USB iPod on my computer

I have a new up gradation of home computer and recently i bought new 20Gb IPod video with mp3. My computer only has two USB port, which works fine but it's a problem is it my computer cannot the detect the my iPod and they cannot opens iPod property. I bought a new USB cable for my ipod that was a working condition but my computer can not to able to detect I used window XP installed fine and works with a USB pen and external hard disk , but the iPod doesn't recognize. I tried updating USB drivers but they were up to date. Ipod light is on but the computer don't see it, I really worried about my new iPod. Help me to solved this problem.

Re: I have problem on my USB iPod on my computer

I also face the same problem with my computer (video, 40Gb). When purchased the ipod checked a working on computer or not, computer with OS 7 and vista can detected highflier ipod on it. Everything installed & worked fine. But you can the installation problem is created to detect ipod on your computer Then install perfect ,
    • the Reset, Retry, Restart, Reinstall, Restore
    • using the 'install New Hardware Wizard' & and install the CD was come with ipod
    • restart the computer after putting the iPod in USB drives
    • Re-installing iPod software was come with CD
    • using different USB plugs on the PC
    • using a different iPod USB wire ti is really work I suggest to you do this system on your computer.

I would try his suggestion before much trying because two connect with other drivers. The change the operating system you use your iPod on only window vista and window 7 because this operating system detect quickly from other operating system. And with out install the iPod software can detect the iPod and best thing is your iPod software is not work you can install the iTunes software iTunes can working on the all the OS you can easy to transfer your files (vice-versa). You can change the drivers of USB.
    The iPod can easily to detected on your computer without any problem. And no any effects on your iPod and your computer. IPod detect generally capable on the operating system.

I am faced the problem with my iPod. My ipod was 30gb it was working properly one week a ago but now it does not detect ipod . but I solved my ipod problem when I plug it in.... it back to working order, ipod was start I am doing following concept to reinstall the software and drivers was giving with CD with the ipod but do install properly. You definitely solved your problem with iPod. You go with the above step problem was help full to solved.