Thread: Adaptec PCIe X8 Raid Card not detected with DP55KG

Adaptec PCIe X8 Raid Card not detected with DP55KG

I am using the Adaptec PCIe X8 and also the board of the Intel DP55KG, but the problem is that the connectivity between them is not being done due to the hardware not detected. The problem is that the hardware has got some problem but still I have no idea that whether the problem is about the Adaptec Adapter or of the Intel motherboard. Please tell me that what is the basic problem and due tell me the reason why the connectivity is not possible between them. Thank You..!

Re: Adaptec PCIe X8 Raid Card not detected with DP55KG

The main problem is that some boards don't have enough initialization memory in the ROM for the Raid Cards. The main problem is that of the BIOS in which the Adaptec is running which you have to check and see for the similar problems. Also check whether the Adaptec is properly installed with the motherboard because the Adaptec if not properly installed can cause problems.

The other option is that you can re-install the disk drive and get the raid card installed again to the system and see whether it is working it for you or not. You can use X16 slots with Highpoint Raid Cards with the DQ35JO motherboard and the DQ57TM motherboard and see whether the same works for the DP55KG. If it works then there is no problem with the Adaptec PCIe and can work on any of the desired motherboard.

Check for the wires to be connected with the Intel DP55KG, because the connection problems can also affect the performance of the Adaptec PCIe and lead to the problems of the raid card being not detected. Also the DP55KG which is used for the connection have certain issues with older BIOS, so try to use new BIOS and see if the connection is being made or not.

If the above solution is not working for you then you can go to the retailer shop from where the Adaptec has been brought and see whether the problem is of the Adaptec or the Intel motherboard, but the main reason will be of the BIOS and the result is just the Updating of the BIOS with its never versions. Updating the slot will allow you to work in the X8 Raid card and it will definitely work properly in it.