Thread: problem with build Intel core i7 980x system

problem with build Intel core i7 980x system

I needed an extreme system that can be capable of fulfilling a task. So I bought the some of the latest components of a system that are in the recommended list. The list contain
    The Intel core i7 extreme 980x
    The Asus Rampage III motherboard (extreme) which supports Multi GPU
    2 X 4 GB RAM
    ATI Graphic Card.
    When I push the power on button the system shows me the warning light of CPU. I checked all the peripherals perfectly. There are no damages or cracks. Then why this is troubleshooting me.

As I have gone through your problem, I noticed that there could be a little mismatch in upgrade. Most problems come when you put the unmatchable power supply unit or its connector problem. Take ou the both caps of the 8 pin connectors. Do not use the 4 pin connector yet. Did you put the RAM in the correct Slot? Try changing the RAM in different slot. Sometime this will work. Still you are getting problem, clear the CMOS.

I think you were in a hurry. That’s you selected the components by referring only single manual. If you are going to build the high end computers you have to refer the several manuals and troubleshooting quotes regarding the core i7 extreme processor. The Asus PT6 was also a new generation motherboard which also suits the same processor. There is no problem with your ATI graphic card. It suits well with it. Try your RAM in other PC and see is it working or not. there is one thing I want you to add in your console that a 256GB SSD.

Did u assemble your CPU perfectly? If the answer “yes” and still you are getting the same beep light then take the panel of the CPU case. Then take out the whole board and place it in somewhere safe ( a cardboard or plastic board). Do not disconnect the peripherals and connectors. Now put power to CPU. See is it working, if it is working then take out the cardboard or anything you placed it under the board and see is there any beep error. Also double check the processor position.

If you have recently changed the system I will tell you one thing. Just take out any part of the hardware which is not necessary now. Then try to start the system. Still doesn’t work take out another unnecessary part and fix the first pat into its place. Now see? If this doesn’t work reset the CMOS manually. Number of system won’t start due to run boost. Was there any power supply while you were working inside the CPU? If it was then this could lead to damage of components.

The CPU which you have brought may be capable of Power on self test function even if you did not connect the HDD. Check the power switch and LED connectors. If you connected it in a reverse manner then the system won’t start. Change the graphic card slot. Try different RAM slot. Plug the CPU Fan to the correct connector if it is connected to the monster Fan connector. If there is surge protector is connected to computer, reset it using the reset button. Replace the Hard drive, it may be corrupted.