Thread: Weird problems with HP DVD drive..

Weird problems with HP DVD drive..

My new DVD writer is suffering from new problem and here I get confused that how to resolve this kind of problem. I am using HP DVD Movie Writer dc3000 on Microsoft Windows 7,mother board of GIGABYTE GA-P55 and processor of Intel dual core @2.9GHZ which best as I know. Sometime when I play DVD/CD at that time whole thing just stop means not doing anything. I tried with all new CD/DVD but same thing happen each time when I play. But the strange thing is that sometime DVD drive not detecting anything and stops blinking and stays as is it. DVD drive sometime not detect in BIOS. I need to know that what is actually the problem is. So will you give some suggestion if you have any kind of which is May useful for me?
    Last edited by dONGsUN; 28-10-2010 at 06:08 AM.

Re: Weird problems with HP DVD drive..

This kind of problem is occur when your CD or DVD writer is not connected properly means a loose connection. To prevent this just remove all cable of writer and clean that slot and reconnect again. After reconnection just reinstall driver, this will solve your problem. rather than you just replace your cable means fix it with new cable. Your BIOS is not detecting DVD or CD drive Bcoz of loose connection .fix it properly will solve your problem.

Bcoz of power supply your CD or DVD drive might not get power as they require to performing work. You can solve this problem by replacing power supply. Try this if still you have the same problem you can change the JUMPER which is at the back side of the writer. In your writer manual all important specification are listed it show which jumper must place either in slave or in master slave which best compatible to your hard drive. Try to figure out in this way I am sure your DVD writer work perfect and you can play anything from that CD or DVD.

You can resolve this by making some change in the BIOS property. You have to do just a simple thing that you first check if your hard disk is detected in BIOS master then you must place a jumper of writer in slave mode. You can fix this problem by attaching one wire of power supply to Hard disk and other one to DVD writer. This thing happen if you have loose connection or your cable might get short due to some extra power. So change power supply and the cable, after you have done this your BIOS might get detect your DVD writer.

This DVD writer is best writer which has maximum speed to process means can read or write content to CD or DVD. Your computer is getting hang due to your DVD writer you know why this is happen Bcoz you your DVD writer is damaged. It stops blinking when it didn’t get the power from supplier. When you put some CD or DVD into drive it process for a time but when it tries to show content of DVD, system won’t allow Bcoz it can’t get full power to perform this task. To resolve this problem you can change the jumper of DVD writer.
    DVD writer will not blinking if cable which is connected to motherboard might get damaged, you can also fix problem by trying with new power supply. For all this reason your DVD writer is not detected in the BIOS. Try this solution your DVD work nicely as per your requirement