Thread: Controller timeout Appear using Intel X25-M

Controller timeout Appear using Intel X25-M

I am using a 80GB Intel X25-M with latest firmware updates it worked fine as a system for about certain months, but now there is halfsecond freeze every now and then with the subsequent traced in the event log: "The device \Device\Ide\iaStor1 this doesn’t react within the timeout period. "The controller is kept in RAID mode, with Intel X25-M linked to SATA port 0 as a separate drive but the difficulty is that this arrangement was working well for some time without any harm. The only thing which is performed is up gradation of Matrix Storage Manager (8.x) to Rapid Storage Technology (9.x) after which OS freezes down that even mouse cursor is "hopping" instead of moving easily, and the event log is full of aforementioned timeout messages. So I am not able to find out what is the problem and how it can be resolved.

Re: Controller timeout Appear using Intel X25-M

Normally these problems appear because of the wiring issue in your system you need to "check your wiring" if there is problem then just replacing it. You can also disable RAID because this can be the compatibility problem in your machine so think you can try to go for above given solution.I don't think their is any problem with the storage manager update. This will probably resolve your problem with OS freezing and the Controller timeout.

You can go for the secure erase using the Secure Erase Tools from Intel to properly format your solid state drive. You can perform the formatting and repartitioning of the drive which might resolve the problem with the controller timeout. You can also use many different tolls for secure erase like HDDErase 3.3 or HDDErase 4.0 etc might help you to achieve the task of secure erase of drive.for secure erase you can have the can download a bootable disk from the official Intel website and use it. This will defiantly resolve your timeout problem with the controller.

I think there is nothing wrong with your Solid State Drive, think problem is with your RAID and because of which one of your HDD's is failing and you are getting such time out errors in the controller. I think you can go for the Matrix Storage Manager 8.8 which might resolve certain thing and also it works for windows 7 x64 bit operating system. So I think you should try to resolve your problem using above provided solution to get rid of your problem with the OS freezing and getting the event log is full of aforementioned timeout messages. I hope your problem will be resolved by solution and make sure you follow proper method and instruction for resolving the problem with the controller time out.

If the problem is because of the SSD then you can perform possible test for the Solid State Drive in a different compatible computer and if the Solid State Drive does not react then there will be problem with your Solid State Drive. For this you can contact to the Intel which may resolve your SSD problem. They will surely resolve your problem with the controller timeout. So try to apply this solution and get your problem solved.