Thread: No post beep with new components

No post beep with new components

I had a PC of which the condition was too bad .My friend suggested me to bring some components from a local reputable supplier and asked me to build a new system. I have done it lots of times before. On power-up, CPU fan spins, HDD light blinks, HDD clicks a little then stops and that's it. No POST beeps, nothing else.

Re: No post beep with new components

Start with the basics. Give all constituent info .Start with your MB outside the box with just one stick of ram and GPU, nothing else. If it posts, shut down and add another stick of ram, try again.If it does not post, switch ram sticks. After successful post with all ram, add on HDD. See where I'm going with this? The only way to correctly trouble shoot is to combine and get rid of. Some MB's have trouble setting the correct power levels for some ram. When troubleshooting, keep in mind that there is no easy button.

I am not an expert but I had a similar problem with a new build last night. I never waited 15-20 minutes for it to post though so I don't know what it would have done. It appears that my memory was terrible. When I switched out memory sticks With some others I had in another build, it started right up.

I think you should take away the whole thing but the CPU, PSU and GPU from the motherboard that includes removing the CMOS battery, the entire RAM and all the drives. Draw the power plug out of the box and allow the PC be seated for a little time. Then place the power cable back in the box and try and turn it on. If there are plenty of beeps just put back the RAM and try it again. Hope so it may work.