Thread: Windows 7 x64 installation freezes on Intel X25-V 40GB

Windows 7 x64 installation freezes on Intel X25-V 40GB

I am using Intel Desktop machine at my place in which I am using Intel X25M-G2 80GB SSD which is updated to the latest firmware. It was placed to IDE in bios throughout firmware-update and it is still kept on IDE. But recently when I tried to install the windows 7 x64 on machine setup starts usually and restarts when it’s supposed to do the installing and finalizing. Then when it starts up yet again loading screen appears with the windows logo which vanishes slowly which results in the screen immediately getting black and freezes at that point because of which I am not able to get into windows. So if anyone having solution for this problem please provide it.

Re: Windows7 x64 installation freezes on Intel X25-V 40GB

In this I suggest you to just perform a protected wipe out and then attempt to install Windows7 x64 operating system. If still it is not working then other thing you can do is to insert the Solid State Drive in a currently operational operating system and format or initialize the Solid State Drive after which attempt to install Windows 7 x64 bit operating system on your machine which will surely work for you. Let me know after your problem resolved and you are able to install Windows 7 x64 bit on your Intel computer.

I think you can try to go for windows XP as your operating if you are not able to install windows 7 on your computer. Or other than this if you really want to go for the windows 7 operating system then you can go for the windows 7 x32 bit which will defiantly work with your Intel X25-V 40GB and will work fine. Because it may happen that windows 7 x64 is not supported on your computer specification. So try to load windows 7 x32 and see if it is performing as per your need and requirement.

I was having the same problem while installing windows 7 x64 on my computer which is having Intel X25-V 40GB solid state drive. But i just got the reason for windows 7 x64 not installing was the firm updates of the Intel X25-V 40GB which was creating problem for installing it. I was facing similar like of problem while installing machine used to hang to final step of installation after i used to sped long time on it. So i think best solution is to reverse the firm updates of your Intel X25-V 40GB which may resolve your installation problem.

I think you need to first make sure that windows 7 x64 is compatible with your solid state drive Intel X25-V 40GB which you are using on your machine. It may be possible that your SSD is not able to work with windows 7 so make sure you select right operating system version to do the installation on your machine. You can try to install windows 7 x32 bit operating system on computer this may be compatible with your system and will work fine with your Intel X25-V 40GB SSD.