Thread: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC Problem vista

SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC Problem vista

i know theres alot of other ppl with problems like this i looked, i couldnt find anything that work for me i dont have sound all of a sudden and when i try to a song in wmp it encounters a problem on VLC it just doesnt play and theres no window sound either... oh i also tryed to do a system restore and it tell me the a corruption with that disk WTF can someone help me unf*ck this im in iraq so i cant take to anyone to get it fix or i would

Re: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC Problem vista

What is your computer specifications? Did you try downloading and reinstalling the sound drivers for your motherboard? You can try this by installing the VISTA DRIVER of sound card which comes on CD with your motherboard or with Integrated Sound Card Chip or download latest one from Sound Card or Motherboard Manufacturer's website.

no i havent tried that .. its a dell xps m1330 and i dont have my window cds with me here thanks ill try that

I think that installing will solve your problem. If you are not aware of installing it, then just read this post. I have tried to explain you in short. Right click on My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> if you actually miss the driver icon with a yellow question mark right click -> properties -> driver -> install drivers or restore driver. I hope that it will make some help for you.