Thread: Printer not responding error in Canon MP560

Printer not responding error in Canon MP560

I was using the canon MP560 printer in the Windows Vista operating system from quite along and there was no problem in that but recently i switched from that to the Windows 7 OS and suddenly the printer is not responding to the commands such as the print command and provides the error messages saying that "Printer not Responding ", these happens frequently and i am not able to print any thing from it. I am trying to connect the printer in the network wireless and there is no connection icon present on the desktop so what is the problem with the printer and how can i overcome these issue any recommendation will help to overcome thew problem.

Re: Printer not responding error in Canon MP560

These problem is very frequent in the windows 7 operating system as many of the printer does not support and you stared that you have switched over 7 from the windows Vista so there is no canon printer driver installation in the system. So for the installation you need to download the latest driver for the windows 7 from the cannon website or you cant take the approach of the update from the Microsoft Update services which provides the update for all the drivers which are compact able with the Windows 7 operating system, if then too there is a problem then you can consider it as a hardware problem in the printer.

As you have started that there is no connection from the printer when you connect it in the wireless mode with the laptop so to overcome this problem you need to run the printer troubleshooter in your laptop for these you have to do this, follow these simple steps:

• First you need to Open the Printer troubleshooter by selecting the Start push button, and then selecting the Control Panel option in the menu box that you will get there.

• After that in the search box, write troubleshooter, and then snap Troubleshooting.

• Finally beneath Hardware and Sound, click Use a printer and after that the printer icon will become visible in the desktop and your problem will be resolved, these will resolve your problem of the printer not connecting in the wireless mode.

Most the problem of the printers in the Windows 7 operating system occurs as Microsoft still not provided the complete printers drivers for that. These problem can be solved easily you need to attempt to download and set up the most recent drivers for printer from the company website. Here is the link for the download just click on the link to get on the download page. The alternative for that is you can update the driver form the Microsoft website in the Microsoft update section these will resolve your problem for sure.

Many a time the printer’s produce spooler examines is not works properly which provides these error messages so first you need to ensure if the status of print Spooler examine is started. To do this, follow these steps:

• First you need to Double-click Services. If you're provoked for an administrator password or verification, write the password or provide verification.

• After that you need to Right-click the Print Spooler check, and then snap Properties.

• On the General tag, after that to Startup type, make certain that Automatic is chosen

As you are not getting the wireless connection with your printer then you need to first turn on the network discovery and after that try to print. To do this, go after this ladder:

• First you need to Open Network and distribution Center by selecting the Start press on button, selecting Control Panel, selecting Network and Internet, and then selecting Network and Sharing Center.

• If network detection is off, snap the projectile button to get bigger the section, click Turn on network discovery, and then snap Apply. If you are provoked for an administrator password or verification, type the password or give verification.

• After that you need to select the option as to share a printer from the list that you will get in the message box, after that you need to click on the arrow button to expand the Printer sharing segment, tick Turn on printer sharing, and then click Apply. If you are incited for an administrator secret code or verification, type the password or offer verification.

If you are not getting the solution form the above and from the troubleshoots then you need to contact the canon and the Microsoft Customer care assistance. These can be done by going on the website or you can go to the service center of the canon as there may be a problem in the hardware, so try all the solution to overcome the problem.

unsure Re: Printer not responding error in Canon MP560

Mine is a similar problem.
    I am sitting in an RV park where the internet is free (Tengointernet) and both my PC and laptop (both running Vista Home Premium) connect to the internet just fine.
    I set up my Canon MP560 to use Tengointernet (actually, the access point is Tengointernet 12) and the printer says it has SUCCESSFULLY connected to the access point. However, when trying to print, I get that "Printer not responding" message as described above.
    It's not a printer problem ... it has worked fine before ... and if I switch to my Verizon aircard plus Cradlepoint system, the printer connects just fine! It's something to do with the free Tengointernet access point, I think. But, since it is unsecure, there is no password, etc., to plug in.
    I've contacted Tengointernet but, have not yet received a response.
    Any tweeks greatly appreciated. Remember, I'm using Vista so some of the above suggestions regarding Windows 7 do not apply here.

Quote Originally Posted by drpaulmhine View Post
    Mine is a similar problem.
    I am sitting in an RV park where the internet is free (Tengointernet) and both my PC and laptop (both running Vista Home Premium) connect to the internet just fine.
    I set up my Canon MP560 to use Tengointernet (actually, the access point is Tengointernet 12) and the printer says it has SUCCESSFULLY connected to the access point. However, when trying to print, I get that "Printer not responding" message as described above.
    It's not a printer problem ... it has worked fine before ... and if I switch to my Verizon aircard plus Cradlepoint system, the printer connects just fine! It's something to do with the free Tengointernet access point, I think. But, since it is unsecure, there is no password, etc., to plug in.
    I've contacted Tengointernet but, have not yet received a response.
    Any tweeks greatly appreciated. Remember, I'm using Vista so some of the above suggestions regarding Windows 7 do not apply here.
    Are you sure that there are no fluctuations in wireless connectivity? Are other people able to use the same wireless connection for browsing or such? You can try to resolve this problem by running the driver installation program in compatibility mode. Or, use an account that has administrative credentials to run the driver installation program. You can also locate the .inf file for the driver, and then manually install the driver.

angry Re: Printer not responding error in Canon MP560

Thanks for the response but, as I stated, the printer works just fine when I switch to my aircard connection so all neccessary drivers are there. I just would prefer to use the free Tengointernet connection since the aircard costs connection time. I'm permanently hooked up to Tengointernet for internet but not for printing. I have to switch to my aircard to do my wireless printing. After using the aircard connection to do my printing, and then going back toTengointernet, the printer says it recognizes Tengointernet as an access point but will not print from either computer.

hey when you connect your printer to the system does it shows new hardware found. If not then go to the device manager and then select Add Hardware. this will add the new printer device on your computer. Even then you are not able to make the printer print then you have to restart the printer by going through the control panel. For this you have to login through the admin and then go to the start menu and then click on control panel, over there you will have service options select that and then you will be get the Printers Spoolers tag. Right click on that options and then restart it. Now close the printer and restart it again and you will get the printer detected.