Thread: Comfort Mouse 4500 scroll wheel not responding as it should in Virtual pc 2007

Comfort Mouse 4500 scroll wheel not responding as it should in Virtual pc 2007

I have Microsoft Comfort Mouse 4500 which I am trying to use on Virtual pc 2007. The problem is that I am unable to use scroll wheel of this mouse. I tried moving the mouse scroll wheels but there was no response of it on my computer. I checked for it in settings thinking that might be the reason of this kind of behavior but didn't found anything unusual. How can I get my scroll wheels working on Virtual pc 2007?

Re: Comfort Mouse 4500 scroll wheel not responding as it should in Virtual pc 2007

I had the same problem. In my case, the problem was either the scroll wheel was not reacting or the movement of the mouse on the screen was extremely slow. The solution was to uninstall the IntelliPoint software from Microsoft for this mouse, and then reinstalling it. You need to install this software, because without this the mouse will not work on your computer. In Windows XP, click Start - Run - type appwiz.cpl - OK. In Windows Vista or 7, click Start - type appwiz.cpl in the Start Search box - press Enter. In Windows XP, click "Microsoft IntelliPoint" - Add/Remove - Finish - OK. In Windows Vista or 7, click "Microsoft IntelliPoint" - Uninstall/Change - Yes to confirm program removal. Restart your computer. Download and install the latest version of the IntelliPoint software from Microsoft Web site.

Re: Comfort Mouse 4500 scroll wheel not responding as it should in Virtual pc 2007

Which operating system you are running? If it is Windows 7, then go to your mouse settings. For this, click on Start and search mouse. Try to change your mouse to a different/similar mouse. I have Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000 and had the same issue. Windows 7 installed it at Wireless Laser Mouse 2.0. I changed it to Wireless Laser Mouse 5000, and scroll wheel worked as it was before. Also make sue that this isn't due to some Program Specific Settings which is why you are not able to use your scroll wheel in a particular application.

It may be the fault of the port to which the receiver is connected. You can try out some another port and see if that helps. By changing the port you can make sure if the problem is related to port or something else. Also make sure you connect the receiver to a USB port that is on the back of the computer. The ports that are located on the back of the computer can provide better power then the one which is located on the front. This problem can even occur if the battery power is low. So to solve this, you can try replace the batteries to see if that helps.

Did you installed some software recently? May be it is conflicting with your mouse driver. If you have one then uninstall that software. To uninstall any such software go to Start, Control Panel and click on Add or Remove Programs. Look for the software that you have recently installed in this list, and follow the instructions to remove the software. Once the uninstallation procedure is complete, reboot your computer. If this doesn't help then I think you have to contact Microsoft and ask their support team to get the help.

IntelliPoint software comes with a diagnostic tool which helps you to test your mouse. This diagnostic tool is known as Mousinfo. If it was not installed on your computer then you install it from Microsoft Web site. To open the Mousinfo tool, in Windows XP Start - Run - "mousinfo" - OK; in Windows Vista/7 Start - All Programs - Accessories - Run - "mousinfo" - OK. Now test your mouse by click on the mouse buttons. If the tool determines the UP and DOWN commands. If this isn't then you might be having defective device.