Thread: Looking for external enclosure for 9.5mm SuperDrive

Looking for external enclosure for 9.5mm SuperDrive

I have purchased Macbook Pro 15" and the Black Macbook. Both this systems are working fine. I am looking to have a external enclosure for the Superdrive of both my Macbook Pro 15" and the Black Macbook. Do any one have any idea that how to do this thing? I would like to have your suggestion on this topic. So i request you to provide me a fix for this topic. Thanks.

Re: Looking for external enclosure for 9.5mm SuperDrive

Even i am looking to do the same thing as you. I have recently purchased a newmodeus obhd, so for this i require to have an external enclosure for my superdrive. If any one have any idea that, from where we find an enclosure, so please help me. I am looking for a solution from many days and till now i have not got any such solution. Is there any one who has done this before, because the one who have done this would be having the proper idea about this topic. Please help.

I thing i have the solution for you, because even i was in the same situation before few months and i was also looking for the same thing, then after i founded the solution for my problem.I am having a list of few enclosures with me so i am recommending you the enclosure name, you make a refer of it. If you are using SATA drive on your machine then you will require a USB slim-line enclosure and if you are making the use of your MacBook, then you will require to have a IDE enclosure. This enclosures have worked well for me and i hope that it will also work fine for you. I think that you have got the require answer for you question.
    Last edited by MindSpace; 21-10-2010 at 12:47 PM.

I would advice you to have a MCE OptiBay hard drive for your mackbook pro. This really a good one and has better performance. I would like to suggest you some of the feature of this hard drive-
    • High Performance Spindle Speeds of 5400RPM and 7200RPM
    • Bootable
    • S.M.A.R.T. Status Compliant
    • Sets up easily using Apple's Disk Utility program

So you can try this out as it is really a nice one. Hope have provided you the help.

Thanks for the reply. I have referred you post and i founded there, that you have advised me to use the a MCE OptiBay hard drive for your mackbook pro. You have also mentioned some of the features of this hard drive. Now i am deciding to buy this one as it is having good features and i have also searched that it is not so costly. So finally i will thank you again for suggesting me a name of the hard drive for my system. I hope that it will work fine for me.