Thread: Problems Seagate 500GB 7200.11 hard disk

Problems Seagate 500GB 7200.11 hard disk

As my title suggests, I am having problems with the Seagate 500GB 7200.11 hard disk. I have tried firmware update procedure, but that also didn't worked. I have followed the below steps :
    1. Boot from the CD. Most systems automatically boot from the CD if it is bootable. Otherwise, see the documentation of the system to change the boot order.
    2. After the system boots from the CD, I will see a README file (readme).
    3. Press ESC or F10 to continue with the next step.
    4. To select the appropriate drive, press the corresponding key.

But instead updated it throws me an error: not found specific model st35000320 as expected. Please help me soon.

Re: Problems Seagate 500GB 7200.11 hard disk

Then your drive was 750 GB and 32 MB buffer probably not it, have not had problem as you say ... performance has been good? .. expected? .. or so even with the change of firmwire not convinced? compared to a WD Caviar Black? Performance has always been good but the problem indicated that apparently already solved with the flash, and compare it with WD answer that would not know since I've never used that drive and know its benefits. Have you tried to download Firmware Update Utility SD1A? I strongly feel that you have not updated properly. Updating properly will definitely sort out this problem.

Yesterday I bought a WD external hard drive with 500GB e-sata connection, since my motherboard, an Asus P5B, has e-sata connection on the back. The fact is that I thought that it was like a USB, or plug in and already this, but Nanai. I connect to the e-sata and I did not recognize. Minimum of computer skills that I have I could find and do the following: In the BIOS I changed the option from the JMicron SATA / PATA IDE CONTROLLER MODE to AHCI. I have reinstalled and updated the JMicron controller from the Device Manager in Windows. And nothing. Neither recognizes nor appears in My Computer or anything. I have a SATA hard drive interoperability and also SATA dvd writer and the two funiconan correctly, but no longer do more. I have to install any driver more? I have to change any configuration in the BIOS or Windows Vista? For your further information in the device manager and storage controllers JMicron comes out in the updated version, or whether it has been updated. And ATA ATAPI IDE controllers I get 3 channel 0 and 3 channel 1, which before had I got 2 when configured in the BIOS the IDE controller, passing it to AHCI I have appeared a more in each channel (is that normal?).

Does it come formatted? if not that means it was formatted (NTFS) and then no problems should recognize. And in the Disk Manager appears something? This version of Mybook is the only leading e-SATA, USB connection also available? The disk makes a noise of "work"? I think it would be easy for me to give some solutions if you provide these answers. Because it is necessary to know all these things before trying workarounds.

Nothing appears nowhere. The model has e-sata, usb and firewire and when I give the power button makes a ruidicito disk as if it were activated. I'm thinking otherwise. Seeing the Asus website, is from the 1408 revision that is activated in bios JMicron controller in AHCI mode on / off switch "hot" and my version is older, but the fact is that I'm trying to update the BIOS and not I can, lol! (This is joke). I boot the pc with a boot diskette and I have to format a: / s it tells me invalid command. The fact is that if I get to do that formatting the disk, I have to copy the file and the file AFLASH.EXE rom with updating the BIOS, but no way. Is there another way in Windows Vista to update the BIOS? Because, once booted the pc from floppy will not let me make the choice format a: / s?? I've been watching all morning, looking and doing things and it looks incredible to connect the external hard drive can be so complicated.

Well, let's see. What do the floppy from windows. Home-run-CMD, Without quotes. Depending on the version of Windows, you may need to type command instead of CMD. Whatever. You get to a DOS console. From there if you should be able to do a format (I suggest you put "format a: / s / q", where / q for quick, or you will lose 5 minutes of your life watching a percentage goes up to 100) . Then copy the files you have to copy (tb can use Windows Explorer), and is already. Another way from the Windows environment: File Explorer - Right in drive - Format - Check the boxes quick format and boot disk ms-dos (or whatever most closely resembles this.) Then copy the flash files to disk from your browser.

Give your internal drives (other Than boot drive) High Drive letters. When you add the eSATA drive, Give it a new drive letter. Try to keep the E: drive open letter (Assuming You Have a DVD drive as D. If You Do not need your internal SATA drives when to working with eSATA drives, disable Those SATA ports in BIOS (Usually in something like integrated peripherals) so That Sees Vista never Those internal drives. For instance, if you're going to boot XP from an eSATA drive, disable the SATA ports for your internal boot drive (or drives if your boot drive is RAID) BEFORE you plug in the external boot drive. If You Do not disable the internal boot drive SATA port (s), XP will boot fine .... and corrupt the MBR on your internal boot drive, as in, finite - hope you Have a VISTA system image of your boot drive cause it's toast if you left STI SATA port (s) enabled.