Thread: Seagate GoFlex 1.5TB as internal HDD ?

Seagate GoFlex 1.5TB as internal HDD ?

I am normal Macbook pro user and I have some doubts and I want to clear them through this thread. I came to know about External GoFlex drivers from Seagate website and they also said that they also give 1.5 TB. Seagate is also giving SATA connection which we can use with GoFlex cables USB 3.0 and Firewires etc. I think so it is The First 1.5TB Portable External Hard Drive Is USB 3.0 and From Seagate. My doubt is about to use this external hard drive inside my Macbook pro as like basic hard drive. Mine is normal 2,5” port drive and should I go for this experiment is anyone here who have done this test on his mac system please inform me.

Re: Seagate GoFlex 1.5TB as internal HDD ?

I do not have such high information about this external hard river which is capable to full fill full fill you’re every requirement. I think so you should wait until it gets launched properly then you will find real advice from Mac users. As I am reading on website Seagate selling it as external hard drive then I cannot be sure that it will be possible to use it as internal hard disk. Macbook will surely ask you for its driver’s does not mater they are providing SATA ports.

Why do you want to use it as your internal hard drive? I think so having external hard disk is better option. You can utilize it on every machine. When I visit its website I came to know that is has 22x89x120 mm size and it is more enough to get adjust inside. But before installing it as internal hard disk just makes sure that your system is has enough power to handle 1 TB hard disk.

I purchased the Seagate basic USB2.0 and it is a 2TB.if it is possible that GoFlex 2TB still obtainable for purchasing then I will advise to go for it. But I am so unlock that unless I make order to buy it online which is a bit pricier just because of some extra shipping fare. But I am sure that GoFlex + FireWire or USB3.0 adapter interface will be awesome. I am still thinking that they got manage to design such device. All they require is drive size for selling price, in spite of of the interface. Improved sale for Seagate for certain. All you require to shell out is the additional $40-50 interface card/adapter.

I think so 750 GB and 1 TB hard drive came with 12.5 mm in height and I am not sure that it will be adjustable. Because Macbook pro is little bit slim internally. And I am sure that this 1.5 TB will also come out with 12.5 mm heights and I have not seen such heighted inter hard drive yet. You should wait and I am sure they will launch similar internal hard drive very soon. You should ask all this to you Mac dealer , they will give you better advise.

somebody has already taken apart the 1.5TB GoFlex, and the drive inside the enclosure measured 14mm tall, not 12.5mm.

Somebody has put it in their macbook pro 17" unibody already, although the case bulges out a bit!