Thread: Seagate 500Gb dead??

Seagate 500Gb dead??

I am having some problems with my Seagate 500Gb hard drive. It turns out that before last night when I disconnected my hard drive, to connect any one time to transfer some files, when I finished I left connected as it was and it worked perfectly, well I went to sleep, turn off the computer and the next morning switched on, the windows would not start, tried several times and nothing, until finally I thought of the hard disk that had tinkering last night and unplugged it and it worked perfectly (because the storage is 500GB). Say that the hard disk starts because I hear it, but if I connect the home screen of the bios is 10 times slower than normal, and when it leaves the windows loading icon stays there, and the bios recognizes neither. Is there any solution for this problem? Please help me as I don't want to waste more money on purchasing another drive.

Re: Seagate 500Gb dead??

Finally, the Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 are also divided into two groups, one with no solution yet, which is corresponding to this link and where models displayed ST31500341AS, ST31000333AS, ST3640323AS, ST3640623AS, ST3320613AS, ST3320813AS and ST3160813AS. Just as happens with some DiamondMax, Seagate does not say what firmwares are affected by what everyone is supposed to. The latter group seems to already have a solution in the form of a new iteration of firmware SD1A, which has already failed twice and we hope that the third is that good. So the solution models are:
    • ST3500320AS
    • ST3500620AS
    • ST3500820AS
    • ST3640330AS
    • ST3640530AS
    • ST3750330AS
    • ST3750630AS
    • ST31000340AS
    From the above list appear to be affected models incorporating the following firmwares: SD15, SD16, SD17, SD18 and SD19.

DiamondMax 22 models are still awaiting a final firmware and its solution is still pending validation. The DiamondMax 22 are separated into two groups: the first is accessed through this link, as we read the models are: STM3500320AS, and STM31000340AS STM3750330AS of these models with the firmware MX15 or more would be affected and pending firmware. The second group of DiamondMax 22 is the other , appear STM31000334AS models, and STM3160813AS STM3320614AS. Do not quote what firmwares are affected by what we understand that everyone is also waiting for correction.

A traditional hard drives still have a while, especially now with the need for people to keep MKVs giant. Consider record 100 DVDs or place in a 500-gigabyte HD, there's the issue today, for instance. I think this situation is that he still has in part the large units of 1 or 1.5 tera ling, and expect the 2 ling, because if not for that much capacity you want one? We are still waiting users dishes units with more capacity (320 1 plate, 640 2 plates, ..) ... we currently pending xSoMBrAx HD Let us know Barracuda ES.2 series has a solution through the SN06 firmware, but it is a professional serial no access to download but must be ordered by mail at your service.

I got myself a Seagate Barracuda bought 500 GB disk and was very happy with it. Directly before the holidays, everything was OK, then as I have the PC turned on four days later, the plate was gone, no longer appeared in the BIOS. On cable, it was not - I have an identical drive on the same cables connected and the radioed properly. The faulty drive is actually normal high, with notice that it speeds up until then just slows down and finally comes true then full speed. At least, hear and feel this is so on - no clacking, which led me to believe that the drive itself is okay, but the board has a claim. So I rebuilt the board of the similar plate (with the same firmware SD15), all without success! Can I change the boards between identical plates at all or will not do more recently? A data recovery company spoke of a faulty translations, what is it and where is and just how can I fix this? Unfortunately, I have no backup, there are no essential data on it, nothing which is not with (considerable) time could be restored, therefore, is for me a professional data recovery is not in question, which is at about 900, - Euro. I would be grateful for any hint of me move forward, even if it means that I myself can not save the data ....

I have also tested other things first. The HDD connected via USB or such times as Ghost Rider wrote ever to run through Seatools. On the other hand, I would like to briefly note that Seagate also can not determine whether the board was again replaced. One would simply apply the original board again. (I distance myself here like to have someone instigated the fraud!). Generally, one should therefore better to steer clear of it until the warranty and warranty period has expired. After that, I would also approve any means.

I now have the smartmontools used and could not read at all the broken plate - was to be expected, since it is not even recognized in the BIOS. The board of a healing plate I could read the information the board, but further SMART diagnoses were not possible because the SMART support was turned off (This was turn not possible), the Okay-plate with its own board used, then also support the SMART enabled. Since I also had a 3'te plate with the same board and firmware revision, I once tried to heal the blanks between the two plates to be replaced. The results was the same as disabled on the failed disk, which is SMART support, and the data on the disks could not be accessed. After the back exchange were both okay and back panels, all data still there. Result: A board replacement seems not easily to be possible, even if everything is okay.

I conclude therefore that the only defect of the board (eg where the built-in controller) is defective and is achieved through the exchange of the same state, was also heal you received at the plates. This helps not only stupid enough to continue, because I have no solution. Presumably, somewhere (in the firmware perhaps?) Put a kind of serial number or ID of the internal electronics. Whether something like this could converge later by flashing the firmware, I do not know. I would not even recommend it, because in the worst case, hence a second board is scrap. Perhaps you are trying times, email to Seagate's support to write, whether it is a possibility - without recourse to the guarantee taking into account the fact that the warranty is void - by a tool of those "get used" to this board to the other plate. You need only insist that the data is extremely important to you, then you may continue to help the supporters.

This is certainly not the norm, but if you stay friendly and well-founded concerns that well, then it may well be that you get a special - or even a tool that is not otherwise publicly available. Perhaps, a simple flash, maybe there is also a kind of add-on tool, so to speak, which then writes a special end to flash ROM ..... I would try it at least. Otherwise, I see now not many opportunities for your data. According to Seagate it is - based on the data density of the plates - is no longer possible to swap the controller boards with each other. Thus, the subject has done ertmal. Also, could / would tell me Seagate nothing accurate about where the parameters are stored on the hard drive, then you could possibly resolder this chip to a board intact. I have now declared lost the first data. So: first thanks for the tips ...