Thread: E-sata Express card, which one actually works

E-sata Express card, which one actually works

Availability of external USB 3.0 hard drives that are compatible with Macs. In order to ensure effective support for USB 3.0, they market and Express Card PCI-Express USB 3.0 compatible with Mac OS X. If the price of the Express Card is not known, that of the PCI-Express is set at a reasonable $ 59. Then it will be possible to access their records which will reach speeds of 145 Mb / s.
    I have a Mac Pro and Macbook Pro with Express Card will have something to celebrate. Please suggest in E-sata Express card, which one actually works with macbook ?

Re: E-sata Express card, which one actually works

The speed of eSATA external drives now fully accessible to your MacBook Pro
    With this format ExpressCard eSATA card, your MacBook Pro (or PC laptop recently) will finally access the full power of the eSATA. With two ports, this card can connect two external drives to the eSATA standard. You'll enjoy exceptional performance, strictly identical to those of internal SATA disks. Specifications:

• Standard: SATA II (SATA I compatible)
    • Connectors: two eSATA (external SATA)
    • Interface Speed: 300 MBps

When the file transfer speeds on the road can make or break a project, call a pro - the Tempo SATA Pro ExpressCard/34. This adapter with two eSATA ports exclusive Sonnet provides the highest throughput performance available for a SATA controller for notebooks - 40% faster than a standard SATA controller card - and is the ideal tool for capturing and editing video field, studio or office. The unique ability of sustained data throughput of up to 200 MB / sec SATA Pro ExpressCard/34 Tempo allows it to support more simultaneous video streams playing, and allows for faster file transfers for all kinds of content.

I chose Security with Sonnet (80 euros) on the G5 because it is not intellectual and I found it risky to try a card designed for a PC. I did well because it works without any problem! (Never any kernel panic last 15 months than I) MacBook Pro side, I did some tests of a generic map (based on a chipset Silicon Image 3132) bought $ 30 and after a few setbacks and a search for drivers MacOS X more stable, I can say it works fairly well even if I have a few crashes from time to time.The Sonnet card home MacWay is a priori more efficient but it is a "high end" Sonnet for a cheaper card that does not MacWay. But I am convinced that the Achilles' heel is its eSATA connector "rather seedy". Indeed, most sold eSATA cables are generally flat and very rigid. This leads to unwanted disconnections if you move a little bit his computer ... Nothing comparable with FireWire 800, which is itself no worries.

This adapter lets you connect two external drives using eSATA for even faster performance than FireWire or USB 2.0. The Sonnet adapter manufacturer easily connects to the motherboard of your computer, without any impact on the configuration of the PCI Express bus or performance. When should add compatibility with new storage capacity, every Mac Pro has a potential hidden behind the fan assembly. Two additional SATA connectors are located on the motherboard, ready to connect more drives. The cable Sonnet eSATA Extender enables you to connect two external drives to unused SATA ports on the motherboard of your computer and take advantage of its integrated storage capacity.

ESATA Extender Cable simply connects Sonnet in the spare SATA connectors on your Mac Pro and back to the rear, where you can easily connect up to two external hard drives. By connecting the drives via eSATA, you have the best performance possible, with data transfers up to two times faster than FireWire or USB 2! Because the eSATA Extender Cable takes the place of a controller card is an excellent solution for advanced users who need all the bandwidth of PCI Express for other interface cards. Operation is plug-and-play, and detailed installation instructions are provided for older Mac Pro as the latest models. The Tempo SATA Pro ExpressCard/34 is compatible with Port Multiplier FIS-based - used in high-performance storage systems as the Sonnet Fusion D500P, a port multiplier managing the flow of data from up to five drives in one case with a single cable - allowing you to connect up to 10 SATA drive.

The first map 6G eSATA (eSATA 3) Compatible Mac! Newer Technology eSATA moved MaxPower 6G, a PCI-Express 2.0, which adds two eSATA ports 3 to 6 GB / s to your Mac Pro (compatible with Mac Pro models 2008 and 2009).

• Adds 2 eSATA ports 6 GB / s.
    • Works with any disk or external optical drive equipped with an eSATA interface.
    • Requires no driver.
    • Backward compatible SATA I (1.5Gb / s) and SATA II (3.0 Gb / s)
    • Uses the same cables used earlier by your SATA I and II.

Tempo SATA E2P delivers performance previously unattainable with mainstream technologies. PCI-Express interface offers huge bandwidth for data transfer, and the card never slows you down. For ultimate performance, you can create multiple RAID sets to capture and process high-definition video, uncompressed, or conquer other high bandwidth applications. For fantastic flexibility, you can work with 10 drives individually and discuss hot as desired. You can even work with a combination of RAID arrays and individual drives your choices are limited. When your storage needs have outgrown standard solutions, get a Tempo SATA E2P, it will give you room to grow and blazing performance for demanding applications.