Thread: No sound out of MacBook speakers & red LED in Headphone jack

No sound out of MacBook speakers & red LED in Headphone jack

I have MacBook, the speakers seem to stop working. when I press the buttons control the sound, the "menu" is greyed out with a forbidden symbol in premium. If I plug in headphones, the sound and the keys are working normally. In its preferences for the digital output, I have a message "the volume of output is not adjustable on the selected device. Skills in my Mac is very low, I dare not listen to anyone too. There is a red LED in Headphone jack. Pleas help.

Re: No sound out of MacBook speakers & red LED in Headphone jack

I find a lot of history in this style but with a red LED lit into the jack to mean that the analog output is always connected. In fact, I can not choose as the output audio speakers. And plugging and unplugging my headphones, I can see that the icon or not recognize her if my headphones are plugged in, so for me it seems a different problem. So you did a PRAM reset, nothing changed, I still have the startup bong but most of its speakers by then. My Macbook, it turned into a garland, the red light inside the jack turn has once happened under mac OS but went out alone.

If you try to use the speakers built into your computer, disconnect the headphones or external speakers. If headphones or external speakers are connected to the headphone jack of the computer's internal speakers will not work. If you use Apple Pro Speakers speakers, disconnect the headphones. If you try using external speakers, make sure they are well connected to the computer and, where appropriate, to the outlet. Also make sure they are turned on. Choose Apple menu> System Preferences and click Sound. Verify that the Mute checkbox is unchecked and that the output volume slider is not sliding at the far left. If you try to use the speakers built into your computer speakers or Apple Pro speakers, make sure the option "Integrated Audio" is selected in the Output pane of Sound preferences. If you try to use external USB speakers, make sure they are selected in the Output window.

If you use the digital output port of the computer (available on some computers), make sure the digital output option is selected in the Output window of Sound preferences. Also make sure that the computer is connected to a digital receiver using a digital optical cable and the receiver is configured for digital input (see the documentation for the receiver). If you try using external speakers, open System Profiler (in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder) and make sure your speakers are listed.Verify that no volume control on the application you are using is the minimum.Try playing a different CD or audio file, or try to play the CD or the actual file on another computer or CD to make sure it is not defective. If the problem persists, see the documentation on the speakers."

When you arm your macbook in HDMI is something that something (your TV or amp it redirects worm your tv) takes the sounds of your HDMI but since the HDMI vien a dvi which it has no sound there was no sound coming out. there is no way to take the image and sound from the HDMI cable 3.5 mm unless the branch you in 2 different strument. So you plug the HDMI cable up to your TV without going through your amp and you branch your cable has a 3.5 mm 3.5 mm input to your amp. if you did not come on your amp 3.5 mm you can buy a 3.5mm adapter plug has "red and white" and it should work well provided that you select the right input (input) on your device.

Please specify your configuration
    - Which machine (CPU / RAM / OS 10.4 or 10.5 / notebook or desktop)
    - What console
    - Which software.
    I read in the general discussions that you're on a Mac. Remember to specify in any application technique. Your problem looks like what would happen if the sound card was not properly configured for your software.

The icon is normal, the sound is maximum in the blender and I when I am doing tests, see the "bars of his" (gray bar as a network signal) that stain. The driver is currently installed driver win 7 and it detects my device as "High Definition Audio Device". No question mark in the manager except "Performance Counter" and "unknown device". The sound card is a chipset built into the motherboard I think (it's a laptop) and when I run under Mac OSX, it tells me that it is an intel chipset.

You need to upgrade the right driver for your speakers that are integrated brand Cirrus Logic, Go to Control Panel / Sound, you have the list of sound devices installed Done right click on the speaker (who will enter it as ok buts an error because the wrong driver is installed) Made to update the driver is choississer you to choose the driver. This driver is findable on No matter what cd MAC osx, leopard, snow. in the heading / bootcamp / drivers / cirrus. That noted that, during an installation of a win over a MAC Dever you install the drivers manually Nvidia and Broadcom.