Thread: Should I install nvidia SMBus and Storage Drivers?

Should I install nvidia SMBus and Storage Drivers?

I have a Asus computer, running on the windows 7 operating system, along with the M2N-E Motherboard and make a reformat recently for getting the error in the motherboard performance. And then I installed the “Forceware” driver into the machine. During the installation I make 3 choices one is the NVIDIA SM Bus driver and the other one is the NVIDIA Ethernet driver and the make the last one as the NVIDIA storage driver. I did this but can’t understand what is the need of the SMBus driver with the package? I found somewhere that the while you install the NVIDIA driver then avoid to install the SMBus storage driver, this may not be mess with the machine. Where also found that after the install of the SMBus storage driver, then the system will performance as slow. and I found this after install the driver, my system is getting slow considerably. What are the functions of the SMBus driver? I have no required idea about the SMBus driver, any suggestion will be appreciated…

Re: Should I install nvidia SMBus and Storage Drivers?

The SMBus driver are mainly used for the smart system monitors for the bus process, it is used to recognize the temperature of the CPU with the process and it can detect the temperature and the speed of the graphic card and the other components of the motherboard. It will alert the user if the temperature will over heat while any process is running in the system. It also permits to use the other third party software to track the current temperature of the components of the system. This a good one with the some of the advanced feature, which is better for the user of the system. The driver that you installed in the computer, don’t worry about that it is a good one, and I don’t think it will cause for the slow of the machine performance, will not hamper you if there is any driver package will install it.

I would like to share some information regarding the NVIDIA storage driver, it will comes with the any driver package not as the separate application. It performs to make the partition of the RAID configuration with the SATA driver and the other drivers which are using the functionality of the board. I know that the driver s are not compatible with the windows XP or the VISTA. As well as the Ethernet wireless drivers are self executing cables, those are runs under the Ethernet port which is under the board. I have installed all the drivers that I have mentioned above and these are working fine in the system.

There is basic characteristics of the NVIDIA SMBus driver which is used for the detect the temperature of the components of the machine, these are might be help you get the information about the driver.
    1. It having two wire interface which can help to connect various components of the system, to communicate with each other interfaces.
    2. It having the capacity to control more than one system at a time during the process.
    3. The protocol is used to execute the quick command , send and receive the bytes of the also can read and write the bytes of the machine.
    4. It can use to read and write the blocks also it will also call the function of the block.
    5. Having the Slave master port to run the driver.