Thread: Leopard printing error timeout

Leopard printing error timeout

I am getting problem with printing the document when I upgraded to Leopard. This problem happens to me when I try to print the document which is in pdf format from pdf reader like Skim. I have not tried it to print from other applications. Fundamentally what happen is when I try to print mote then one pages together the last page is not able to print and instead of that it prints the following message.

ERROR: timeout
    OFFENDING COMMAND: timeout

STACK:

-mark-
    /sfnts

I have not seen such issue before and I don’t have any idea about that. I get this error whether I use duplex or not. I am using HP4300 printer. Please tell me that what can be the problem with this and how can I resolve it.

Re: Leopard printing error timeout

I think that the problem is with the printer software that you are using and you need to reinstall the software for the printer. You must have got the software CD with the printer. Uninstall the printer from your computer and install that again from the CD. If you don’t have that CD then you can also download it from internet and install that. Your existing software may have corrupted and needs to be repaired. Just try it once before doing any other thing to your printer. It solved the issue in my case when I was not able to print the pages properly and it was printing some similar kind of error messages.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I think that you have to switch from AppleTalk printing to IPP that is Internet Printing Protocol. I have 3COM OfficeConnect Wireless 54Mbps 11G Print Server which support the IPP.
    1. You can use a a straightened paper clip for pressing and holding the DIAG button for 2 to 3 seconds. This will print a diagnostic sheet which includes the IP address.
    2. Now go to System Preferences > Print & Fax > + > IP and from [protocol menu you have to select the Internet Printing Protocol. Enter the IP address which is there in diagnostic sheet to address field. After that you have to enter a name and the location and the printer model from the Print Using pop-menu.
    3. Press the Add button.
    4. Once you are done with the above then you can run the test printer and as far I know that you will have no error page printed.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

After the power outage, the wireless print server will need to have the same IP address. If you are using a DHCP then this can be one of the possible reasons. I am using DHCP from the old graphite AirPort BaseStation to the cable model which is used by many computers. After the power outage I turned off everything and turn that on in the following order and that cause no issue.
    1. cable modem.
    2. AirPort Base Station.
    3. USB print server.
    4. And finally the computers.

There may be problem with your printer driver and that is creating the problem for you. It may be outdated or corrupted. You should uninstall the printer driver and install that again. Reboot the system and try to print some pages again and see whether it works fine or not. If that works then it is great and if then also it is not working then you can download the latest driver from internet and install that to your system. I have installed the newest HP printer driver for LaserJet 4600 (v3010.107) and it is showing no such error therefore I think that you should also do that and I am sure that it will fix the issue for you.

I managed to solve this problem when that was the case with my printer. Problem was that the printer gets timed out before printing the rest of the pages. To solve this, what you have to do is go to your printer option and turn off the "Manual Timeout" and "wait timeout”, after that save the changes and reboot the computer. Once you are done with that then I don’t think that you will see such problems anymore in future. I hope this will help you also.