Thread: Unable to Back Up on my time machine

Unable to Back Up on my time machine

Hello,
    I am using MyBook WD 1TB drive. My MyBook WD 1TB drive is connected to my AirPort Extreme for my TimeMachine back up disc. But the problem is that it is not backing up any thing. I am not sure that from where the problem is being occurring. So is need some assistance on this topic from you. I have oly make one change in my system, that i have updated my system to Snow Leopard. Do any one have any solution for this issue. Please provide me the solution which you know is working properly.

Re: Unable to Back Up on my time machine

The same problem even i am facing. On my system the local backups is working fine, but the problem is with network backup, it is not backing any thing on the network. I started getting this problem from the last 4 days. I have also got original leopard OS to see my network drive, but it is not working. So can any one help me in this problem. I am currently open to suggestion, so if any then provide me. Thank you.
    Last edited by Orion lella; 20-10-2010 at 01:27 PM.

Well i am providing you a solution you can try this out. I tried the following things on my system.I first deleted the com.apple.TimeMachine.plist from the system Library on my system and after that i restarted my system. Then it asked the Time Machine that, which disk to use. After doing that all the worked well for me and all my back ups are still on the same place. I hope that if you try it out, then it will definitely help to you.

Even i was getting the same problem. I went to the TM control panel and just clicked on the "choose disk" button. After doing that i chose the the same disk again. Suddenly i was shocked because the disk icon changed back to the green TM disk icon and fortunately it started backing up on my system. Even i was not having the idea that it will work but fortunately it has worked for me. So i will recommend you to try this issue and see the difference you get after trying thsi solution. I hope that your problem will get solved after trying this solution.

Thanks fro the reply. I did tried the solution given by Santy and stephenx. I tried both the solution and luckily both of them are working well for me. First i have tried the solution given by stephenx and then by the Santy. I want to tell you just one thing that both the solution are good and easy to implement. So once again i thank you for the post. I will also advice others to try this one.

Even i was able to solve my issue successful. I tried this solution on the recommendation of agathe . Now my problem is solved and system is properly backing up. I will also thanks to Santy and stephenx who have provided the solution and spend their precious time in providing this solution to me. This is my request to others that, even you can try this one as it really a nice fix for this problem.